Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Big Thank you for Zap and Ken,and crew

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul, lets call it a plan:grin: in 07 or 08, i`ll follow you over to wcss9 or 10.

that is if you are talkin road trip:brow: :cool:

Been threatening to hit that coast for waaaaaaaaaaay too long now.

Wife and I said -maybe- next year if we get settled into our house and we're not over our heads in bills.Winter will determine the outcome.But yes,I'd be up for a few of us doing it.Andrew,Charlie,me,you,??? there's plenty of sicko road warriors among us here.:grin:

let me warn you spark, if we do that some of the west coasters will be mighty upset when we fill up a 10 car semi with rust free subes of various years to come back w/ us:grin: :cool:

but seriously, i`d like to come one year:slobber:

you better get out here next yr then..........:burnout:

whats this about rust free soobies? .....it does rain out here ya know... spark

come visit the east coast and i`ll show you some rust:grin:

one thing that i hear is usually not used on the west coast is salt on icy roads. over here they lay it on thick, which gets caught everywhere on cars, and they rust like hell. after 3 years sometimes i`ve seen cars with rust holes already. we also have some acid rain issues.

i can`t believe how fortunate you guys are. my hatch is from Puyallup WA and it is completly spotless:banana: i hope to keep it that way.

I've got more opinions on this topic than i care to express or feel the need to express at this particular time, so i'll keep this breif.

Zap, like every one else, i thank you for all your efforts. I was also rather bothered by alot of what i saw happening in the camp grounds, by campers, and by our leaders. I was thouroughly bothered by your attitude Zap, but now, having read this, and your responses, i do understand and support your opinions. Nothing here should be made as a personal attack against you zap, or any one else for that matter, if there was a problem in the camp ground it is the fault of the people creating the problem, not that of the people who were not there to stop it.

Anyways, That is the long and the short of it, i did have a blast this year, learned what a few pounds of mud can do to tire balance, and radiator cooling :) i would be crushed if next years is not as big if not bigger than this year. I would also be crushed if i did not see each and every one of you involved in all of this glorious after drama, present at the next event.

I completely volunteer my time for next year.

Well put, that means a lot Dan. Especially from you who left WCSS7 pretty mad at me. :eek: Only took you about 9 months to cool off. lol

Sorry about your wheels, I tried to warn everybody to wash off wheels and brakes after each mud run. I wound up losing my fans on the way home due to mud keeping them from turning, so my car overheated and spent the last 60 miles of the trip on a flat bed. (good old AAA)

I'm glad most of you had a good/great time and that our efforts are appreciated. Whoever takes over next year will be some one we pick. We have a good idea just who, but we'll wait till we have a meeting to talk it over with them to announce any successor/s.

I'm gonna make it my thing to organize that trip to Evans Creek so we can finaly have the Hatch Patrol Meet 2 next Summer. The only problems at 1 were breakdowns on the trail. :brow:

I'm gonna make it my thing to organize that trip to Evans Creek so we can finaly have the Hatch Patrol Meet 2 next Summer. The only problems at 1 were breakdowns on the trail. :brow:

Sounds like a knuckle busting good time.:banana: I can't wait, but I'm gonna have to wait.:( thats okay I think snow brawling this winter will keep my mind off of evans creek.:burnout:

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone that helped in any way with #8. This was only my second show and I had a great time! I must say I think you all did a terrific job. And to all the sponsors, thanks for sponsoring, without sponsors, things aren't as cool! I enjoyed it a lot and I can't wait for next year! Bring on that mud!!! :grin:

Thanks guys! Great show, had a blast! :clap::clap::clap: Well worth the 3100 mile round trip! Including the power steering wiggin out, the flaky charging system out in the middle of the Nevada desert, at night no less, and trying to keep the car from cooking though the heat. We made it back at about 2:30 this morning. Car turned over 200K on the way though the Grand Canyon, too.:headbang: