Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Big Thank you for Zap and Ken,and crew

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you to Ken, Corky and the others that helped these guys out

Zap, you were a wongleflute this weekend. I'm sorry you feel you got ************ on by various people but you left some people hanging yourself.

-Erik

Not sure what I did to piss you off Erik, but I'll take that statement as you vollunteering to keep the peace at WCSS9.

You have no idea how much I hate being the cop. But nobody else stepped up to help me.

It's a HUGE thing to have my name on the X at the bottom of the contract. To be liable for any and all problems is scary as hell.

We'll see how you handle it next year.

Or maybe it would just be best to go back to a dusty parking lot for 2 hours where no alcohol is allowed, no music is allowed, and no driving over 5 miles per hour is allowed. "Here's your hamburger, your trophy, now go home." Heck, it doesn't even have to be a dusty parking lot, we'll use the Wallmart parking lot on a Sunday evening.

And for the record. You let me down too. At the beginning of the planning, you were all gung ho about setting up a TSD rally. wtf?

Maybe next years venue should have security. Or maybe next year, when the sheriffs show up to watch the mud show, we should have them check ID's. No one here wants that, so instead of that... maybe next year people should just show some respect!

Zap put his rump roast on the line, not only this show, but last year and the year before. I got yelled at a couple times. Once last year, once this year.. and you think im gonna hold it against him? Hell no!

I wanna thank zap for keeping my side of the camp quiet so I could get a good nights sleep. I think, out of the 5 shows I've attended, this one was the best sleep-wise. The majority of the drinkers kept to the party side and made it easier for the families to get a good nights rest. Sorry to hear some didnt sleep too well, i guess iM just a heavy sleeper.

-Brian

Zap, you were a wongleflute this weekend.

-Erik

Ya know, I didn't get any sleep for a week before the show too. Each and every time I woke up in the middle of the night, my brain was going crazy thinking about the planning and all of the loose ends. It was an hour or more each time till I could get back to sleep. I complained to my family and friends the whole week, ask my wife. Ever heard of sleep psychosis? It's brought on by lack of sleep.

http://menshealth.about.com/od/lifestyle/a/sleep_depriv.htm

I first learned about it while recovering from a stroke I had a year ago. They came in so often to check my vitals and stuff that I couldn't sleep. That and the bed made for elderly people that kept inflating and deflating itself all night. About the time I was apologizing for yelling at a nurse for waking me, she explained to me why I was getting so upset.

Last night I finally got some sleep. :headbang:

Ya know, I didn't get any sleep for a week before the show too. Each and every time I woke up in the middle of the night, my brain was going crazy thinking about the planning and all of the loose ends. It was an hour or more each time till I could get back to sleep. I complained to my family and friends the whole week, ask my wife. Ever heard of sleep psychosis? It's brought on by lack of sleep.

http://menshealth.about.com/od/lifes...eep_depriv.htm

Well, that explains alot of my problems for the past year.

I know exactly where your coming from Zap. But in my case, Sat night was the best sleep I've had in a long time.

If I can figure out a way to help out next year, I'll do it.

Not sure what I did to piss you off Erik, but I'll take that statement as you vollunteering to keep the peace at WCSS9.

You have no idea how much I hate being the cop. But nobody else stepped up to help me.

Your attitude the entire weekend was pretty poor man. Beyond the conversation we had about shirts, you were down just about everytime I saw you. The exception being when the guys were having fun in the mud pit and you were helping out there. That doesn't reflect well on the event if the organizer is down at his own show.

As far as being a cop, I can tell you hate it. You went to your tent and left Jaymie to be the cop after Ken left. She was taking alcohol from drunk people while you were in your tent figuring out how you were going to complain about the loud drunk people. That isn't cool. I was helping to keep the peace because I was up with her (along with Art, Paul, Richierich) until pretty much everyone was asleep (I crawled into my tent at 4am). So don't go off on me about how much you hate being a cop.

And then your locked post with a rant in it? That's pretty childish. Were you afraid that people would call you out on your shortcomings? Or just that you wanted to show you had the power to rant without any repercussions? I lost a lot of respect for you over this show. :(

So that's what you did.

And for the record. You let me down too. At the beginning of the planning, you were all gung ho about setting up a TSD rally. wtf?

Agreed. I wasn't gung ho about it but I did say I'd see what I could do about setting one up. That's my mistake and I have no problems admitting that. Been trying to run a business but honestly, I just plain forgot about it. :(

I'll let your fanbois jump all over me for speaking my mind about the great Zap. :rolleyes:

Roundthebend STFU Zapar is the man and always will be.:headbang: What have YOU done to help out the subaru community over the past 20 years. Eric has been there for hundreds of subaru freaks to lend a helping hand and share his knowledge on subarus whenever needed. Zapar was an original hatch patroler that sparked hundreds of lifted subies all over the USA. Not to mention I know he has went all over the place just to help a fellow USMB member with their suby. Hes what all of us other suby freaks want to be. Thanks for everything Zapar.:clap:

Your attitude the entire weekend was pretty poor man. Beyond the conversation we had about shirts, you were down just about everytime I saw you. The exception being when the guys were having fun in the mud pit and you were helping out there. That doesn't reflect well on the event if the organizer is down at his own show.

Might not reflect well, but I didn't really even want to be there. I tried to get out of organizing it in March, but Ken needed the help. Then he switched to days and had 0 time to organize. Guess who did 95% of it? Go on guess.

As far as being a cop, I can tell you hate it. You went to your tent and left Jaymie to be the cop after Ken left. She was taking alcohol from drunk people while you were in your tent figuring out how you were going to complain about the loud drunk people. That isn't cool. I was helping to keep the peace because I was up with her (along with Art, Paul, Richierich) until pretty much everyone was asleep (I crawled into my tent at 4am). So don't go off on me about how much you hate being a cop.

I didn't ask her to do it. I made the rounds at about 11:30 and asked everybody to be quiet, asked them to keep it down so others could get some sleep. Poor you, you had to do all that. I can see you all mad and having a bad time doing it. yeah. Wanna know what I was doing in the RV? Trying to calm my 18 month old and keep him sleeping. Yeah. I brought my family dude.

And then your locked post with a rant in it? That's pretty childish. Were you afraid that people would call you out on your shortcomings? Or just that you wanted to show you had the power to rant without any repercussions? I lost a lot of respect for you over this show. :(

I don't want 100 pages of people telling me I was right or wrong. If those are my feelings, those are my feelings. If it's childish to have feelings, then I guess you can call me that. Point out my shortcomings. Just what did I do wrong in putting together this last show. Besides being a little tired and depressed about it. . .

Your post here would be reprocussions eh?

So that's what you did.

Agreed. I wasn't gung ho about it but I did say I'd see what I could do about setting one up. That's my mistake and I have no problems admitting that. Been trying to run a business but honestly, I just plain forgot about it. :(

I've been trying to run a family and have a life.

I'll let your fanbois jump all over me for speaking my mind about the great Zap. :rolleyes:

Well, you asked for it.

But I've got the way to run it next year. The same way I organized #4. Or wait, we didn't attend, we went to Evans Creek and had a 4X meet all weekend and only fun happened. 7 miles of rough pot holed gravel road just to get to the parking lot. :brow: Sounds like we need a repeat. :headbang:

But I've got the way to run it next year. The same way I organized #4. Or wait, we didn't attend, we went to Evans Creek and had a 4X meet all weekend and only fun happened. 7 miles of rough pot holed gravel road just to get to the parking lot. :brow: Sounds like we need a repeat. :headbang:

I'm bringing my 4Runner.:headbang:

HELL YEA:headbang:

Yea as long as noah goes its ok :lol:

:lol: OOOooooooooo your gonna get it. I know my yota wouldn't have gotten stuck :rolleyes: . Or at least I would have been able to back out. welded rear diff.:headbang:

BTW: that one yota that like jumped into the pit and stopped right away was a horrible driver. Ease into the pit then mash the throttle.

:lol: OOOooooooooo your gonna get it. I know my yota wouldn't have gotten stuck :rolleyes: . Or at least I would have been able to back out. welded rear diff.:headbang:

BTW: that one yota that like jumped into the pit and stopped right away was a horrible driver. Ease into the pit then mash the throttle.

yea they were noob's. what am i gona get, dont look at me, i cant drive im only 14 :lol:

lol

You would have got stuck. The guy who ran the backhoe makes off road obstacle courses for a living. :) He assured me nobody would make it. The next hole was 6 feet deep. You would have got stuck. :brow:

lol

You would have got stuck. The guy who ran the backhoe makes off road obstacle courses for a living. :) He assured me nobody would make it. The next hole was 6 feet deep. You would have got stuck. :brow:

My hood is 5ft tall:cool: . Your right though I probably wouldn't have made it. I can always dream. If the second pit was 6ft deep that's like suicide with a suby. Did anyone just go around the first pit then bomb into the deep one? I would have dunked into the deep pit just for the crowd.:headbang: Seriously though I do want to brawl at evans creek and reiters sometime really bad.:brow:

I am beginning to think that my DSL modem acting up may have been the best thing to happen to me.

Thank you all for the accolades and the criticism!

I have some things to say. Both good and bad.

First the good.

This years Vendors and Sponsors were top notch. Subaru West, John Hubach came up big for us once again. The Outback Angler for his chile and all the others who helped with that. Prodrive/Worldone, wow, what can I say about them. Gave everyone that purchased their merchandise an excellent discount(25%). Not to mention the really nice set of wheels that they let us raffle off. Audio Integrations, it was a pleasure to meet you and have you here. The enclosures are sweet. And thanks for the pod for the raffle. Kakumae(sp?) for bring us some very nice pieces to check out and letting us know where to get them. Pacific Import Auto, for the m/cyl bracket and lightweight pulley. Mike Scarff's Auburn Subaru and Chaplins Subaru, Thanks you for your contributions as well. Superior Import Repair, thanks for the shirts!! Rallitek, thanks for the trophy/plaques! Delta Cams, for the shirts and decals. I hope I didn't forget anyone.

While this years show was very difficult to put on for many different reasons. It seemed to come off as one of the more memorable ones. Many people are to blame(thank) for it. ;) Eric, for without you it wouldn't have come together. I wasn't able to manage the new dayshift and ALL the planning and you stepped up big for me. Thank you. I know it was difficult and very tiring.

Corky, once again you provided an excellent service for all of those people who took advantage of the early registration. Considerring what you had to deal with during that time you stepped up huge. Thank you. And yes, you are right. Ann, Linda and Bob all put things into perspective for me. They all have a permanent spot in my heart. And also showed me just how twisted we all are.

Ed, probably the single biggest reason we all managed to continue this. Your words of encouragement and willingness to do whatever was needed at the moment dramatically show the goodness in your heart. I thank you.

John Alley, these simple words can not truely signify my feeling but I will try. First, for those who do not know John I am sorry. He is the person I always look forward to talking to no matter how I am feeling. Every conversation I have with him makes me a better person just for hearing it. All of us that know him will agree. But, as for the show. Without John's help and assistance this Hood River show would have been just another meet and greet. John is the biggest reason Hood River is such a great place to visit. He does so many things behind the scenes that it is hard to describe how valuable he is. He always makes the right decision for our needs while keeping the best interest of the park as well. John, Thank you for all your help and for just being our friend.

Richie and Lisa, Tex and Monica, thanks for just being there. You made it better for me and everyone else.

The bigggest thanks has to go to our families. Not only do they put up with our hobby/obsession all year but then once a year they have to deal with this event. And tolerate the fact that we put alot of energy into the planning of the show all year long. We all owe you more than we can repay.

Also, thanks need to be given to the volunteers who helped out behind the scenes and up front during the show. Tex and Noah for the Mugs. PK and Tex for the artwork and graphics work. All my deputies, you know who you were. Thnak you for the help. Jaymie and Billy, my kids, came up big for me as well. They helped run the mudpit with Eric. Thanks to Jaymie for staying up late to make sure the place didn't burn down while I was gone. And thanks to all that assisted her in doing so. Brian(Monstaru), yeah buddy, were square!

I would like to address some of the criticism as well. While every show is a work in progress, we try to improve on the last. Some things could have gone better. Some people could have been in better control and not vomitted all over the bathromm and left it behind for some one else to deal with. Thanks again Craig! (free admission really doesn't cover it) To all the people who decided that 3-4AM was the right time to quiet down. BTW, the reason MY daugther was still up was because I asked her to keep an eye on things while I was gone. Yes, due to a monumental bad decision on my part i had to drive back to Bonney Lake to get my trailer and back to Hood River Saturday night/Sunday Morning. ~8hrs on the road was delightful only to hear the reports that were given to me. I am pretty disappointed to say the least.

To the locals which we let in to our little shinding. Some of you were good sports('yota's) some of you will be made examples if we return (Fords).

To the STi's who were so nice to impress us with their exhibition of speed and power. We have your plate numbers and some pics of you. You will be shamed when they arrive in my inbox.

While the bad in no way outweighed the good it did still happen. I hope in the future we can have these shows without the drama afterwards. It does take away from it.

And one last thanks has to go to all the people who came to our little party. Without you none of this matters. Thanks for taking time out of your busy lives to hangout with us. :clap::headbang::clap::headbang:

I like to say one thing about #8.........Eric,Ken and the crew did the best they could do period.....i saw Eric doing his best..and yes its a damn tough job ............the people that complain about Eric, or who ever should pass on down the road...

ever since i met Eric 3 or 4 yrs ago he has been upfront and one hell of a great friend. .:headbang:......ditto on Ken, Corky,Richie and others... :headbang: .

so anybody that didn't like the job these guy did over last wkend ,should think about finding another Subaru organization ....

i take my hat off to all of you.....

iam looking fwd to #9

are you?

Spark

ya'know.all i have to say is...damn ,i hope you guys had fun.this was my first show.i appreciate the appreciation,really i do.but i did not do anything i would'nt have done whereever i was.people are stupid and they need wranglin.i guess i'm a natural wrangler(haha,i just thought about the corral)anyways,i am sure that i was loud and stupid and all kinds of things.and forthright and ,and,and.hey if you guys need a cop,i love ************ing with people.(shhh)anything i can do to help from this side of the mountain.hey ken,your daughter is one tough girl,really.good job mate.i hope mine turns out as well.and next time you have a gut feeling,follow it.then you won't have to leave and return hours later:)zap,hopefully next time we can actually bull************ a bit.and a huge thanks for first run.that was killer.i was hella nervous about that the entire ride down and was able to relinquishmy fear to the gods'o'ru.cheers,brian

Having been involved in the planning of the first two WCSS shows, I can say that all of the organizers did put in a LOT of work. Even with how small the first two events were (22 cars and what, 96 the second year? no mud pit, etc.), they still took quite a bit of planning. With how complicated it is to throw an event of the size that happened, with all the various aspects of the show and the various vendors... well...

Bravo, guys. And I do mean that from the bottom of my heart.

While I was not at the show long enough to see any of the troublemakers, I would hope that you either learn your lessons or simply have the grace not to show up again.

(and this is not coming from a "minion" of Zap, either. We've butted heads in the past, but he's quite right here...)

Great event guys, I had a great time.

I only wish I could have played in the mud pit a little longer with the rally car on Sat. but I hit the wipers on accident and I could no longer see out the front of the car :)

My only gripe was with how Eric treated me during the car show, both me and Steve Greer put our rally cars in the Off Road class and I got a butt chewing for doing so by Zap himself.

First off you could have handled that situation better by approaching me in better way, not by yelling it too me that we do not belong in the class while sitting on the golf cart.

Secondly a better clarification of the Off-Road class would have been helpful, what technically would fit that category? Both Steve and I figured that our cars fit that category so we entered that class.

Thirdly I could have not cared about what class my car was in for the show, I was just there to have a good time (which I did later :) ) but your rant ticked me off.

I can understand the stress of putting on something like this, but when you cannot enjoy what you put so much hard work into because of a few knuckleheads maybe it is time to take a step back and take a break.

The whole EAST COAST

says THANKS TOO!!!!!!!

It's great to see such a nice event for all those folks to take part in.

Obviously well organized and well run.Even the puke got cleaned up!:-p

That's ok that you guys didn't ask me this year,that's ok,I'm ok with that,yup,uhh huh,no problem.......:rolleyes::lol:

Someday,maybe 2007,we'll see how this winter goes.