Ultimate Subaru Message Board

just lookin for some ideas...

I *like* that girl!

thatgirlsays, are you married? lol

There are two webers that are usually used on our Subarus. Both are two barrels, but one is a little smaller with a vacuum operated secondary.The bigger one has a mechanical secondary. The bigger one will give more performance, while the first one is more economical, at least that's what I've heard. No 1st hand experience here.

I understand you need to reroute the gas cable and a few other mods, including an adapter plate and air filter. It won't look or sound stock, and may not pass inspection depending on where you live.

PS, just saw Toms post, I believe that one is the smaller one. I've heard they need a lot of "dialing in"(adjusting for local conditions) but that they are easy to do.

• 2 years later...

a good tune up is the way to go.also exhust gasket change be carefull alum heads and steel bolts i would soak them with wd-40 and hopefully just the nuts come off leave the studs in the heads but take you time and you will be fine. I had to replace my cat once

some people can be anti-suv.some people are anti-anti-SUV.to the people claiming to be anti suv,most subarus are marketed as suvs.if they wernt why would they be compared to ford escapes?some vehicles get better milliage than others but that gives you no right to start bashing the vehicles?Granted I dont like SUV's,minivans,etc because my low slung car can't see around/over them.All this talk about anti-SUV is pointless.you might as well attemp to hold back the ocean.you may succeed but sooner or latter it will overcome.Yes gas prices are on the rise but americans havent cut back on driving.the only thing I think when I see a SUV or minivan is let them pay more at the pump.

I have two cars:a sports car that seats 5 and gets 20 mpg in town from a four banger,and I have a lightwieght pickup/suv with a small carbed motor that gets 22 mpg in town if im lucky...

RANT OVER

i always like big trucks that waste gas they are just to much fun. i've got a 8 passenger Full size van eith a 350 v8 And a 73 K5 Blazer Waiting For It's 411 Big Block so it can go either way as well because my family also owns 2 bugs a soob and a little v6 car so oh well life goes on live with your choice :headbang: