Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So Subaru gave me this neat coupon today... I guess they want me to trade my 2005 for a 2006 or something... or else they just want ANYONE to pick up the last of the 2006 Bajas.

Its a $750 off coupon for new Bajas and its FULLY TRANSFERABLE!

I only have one and its ONLY valid in AK, CA, ID, MT, NV, OR, WA and WY.

If you are buying a new baja you can combine it with the factory rebate or financing.

PM me if you want it and I'll mail it to you. ITs good through the end of October.

I have this posted on other boards too. Priority given to speed, in a tie then given in order of how well I know the person. Afew select members that I know really well get priority above all else (I'm sure you know who you are)

Let me guess. If you read the fine print, it has words to the effect that you must present the coupon when you come to the dealership? In other words, you identify the lead source for them, and before starting price negotiations.

$750 off a Baja is about 1/5th the discount they usually sell for - at least.

The Subaru website is showing 0% financing [24 months] or $500 "Customer Cash" and most dealers would be happy to sell one at invoice, I'd guess.

Let me guess. If you read the fine print, it has words to the effect that you must present the coupon when you come to the dealership? In other words, you identify the lead source for them, and before starting price negotiations.

$750 off a Baja is about 1/5th the discount they usually sell for - at least.

The Subaru website is showing 0% financing [24 months] or $500 "Customer Cash" and most dealers would be happy to sell one at invoice, I'd guess.

I got one too. The $750 is on top of the other incentives. You get the best price you can from the dealer then subtract $1250 from it - What's wrong with that?

I got one too. The $750 is on top of the other incentives. You get the best price you can from the dealer then subtract $1250 from it - What's wrong with that?

IF you could negotiate your best deal, get that deal in writing, and THEN whip out that coupon, you'd have something. BUT you have to show dealership the coupon UP FRONT, as soon as you walk through the door. The amount of the coupon is just coming off some other incentive you would have gotten.

SALESMAN: Ok, it's $20,000 for the new Forester, and I'll give you $3,000 for the trade-in

CUSTOMER: I need more for my trade-in.

SALESMAN: Sure thing, pal. How about $22,000 for the new Forester and $5,000 for the trade-in?

CUSTOMER: Let's write the deal up. I'm actually as stupid as I look.

IF you could negotiate your best deal, get that deal in writing, and THEN whip out that coupon, you'd have something. BUT you have to show dealership the coupon UP FRONT, as soon as you walk through the door. The amount of the coupon is just coming off some other incentive you would have gotten.

SALESMAN: Ok, it's $20,000 for the new Forester, and I'll give you $3,000 for the trade-in

CUSTOMER: I need more for my trade-in.

SALESMAN: Sure thing, pal. How about $22,000 for the new Forester and $5,000 for the trade-in?

CUSTOMER: Let's write the deal up. I'm actually as stupid as I look.

Why are you so cynical? You don't have to show the coupon up front, and it doesn't matter if you do - the rebate comes from Subaru, not the dealer, just like the currently advertised promotions. And, it is added to any other promotions. There is currently a $500 rebate or 0% financing; if you use this coupon, you can get either a $1250 rebate or a $750 rebate and 0% financing. The purchase price of the new car and the trade-in value of your old car are totally separate issues. The dealer that I have bought 7 new Subarus from is marking up their 2006 cars only $200 over invoice. It's up to you if you like the trade-in value they offer, but it's not tied to the new car price.

I got a pretty funny letter from a dealership. It said to come by as possible because there is a high demand for my particular model and they want to buy it right away. I'm sure people are in dealerships every day asking when they're going to get the next shipment of 93 Legacies. I almost called them to say that I felt insulted that they thought I was going to fall for that.

I got a pretty funny letter from a dealership. It said to come by as possible because there is a high demand for my particular model and they want to buy it right away. I'm sure people are in dealerships every day asking when they're going to get the next shipment of 93 Legacies. I almost called them to say that I felt insulted that they thought I was going to fall for that.

Yeah, that's pretty lame, but I bet people fall for it everyday!!!:dead:

Matt

Get a Consumer Report price breakdown and also check edmunds.com for the actual dealers cost. Then negotiate up from the dealers cost. Every day that car sits in the lot it cost them.

You'll get the best deal possible if you know what you're negotiating for in the first place. Most dealers will accept a resonable profit if they think you won't buy otherwise. They can alway count on the next sucker, er... I mean potential customer.

WOW!! 93 legacy's brand new, id like to try one off those and trade in my 93 legacy for a new 93 legacy!! that would be super cool!

the rebate comes from Subaru, not the dealer, just like the currently advertised promotions.

A "participating dealer" may have to pay to offer the rebate. The HVAC company I work for has to pay $500 of the $1000 factory rebate offered on Bryant heat pumps. I'd don't know if it's the same in the car industry. I can imagine a car dealer jacking up a price to cover their part of the rebate.

i got that letter too... ends up they didn't really want my hatch, something about being unsafe