Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I <3 my Wagon

Not only can it make pretty easy work of the local Neon and Civic guys (despite it's relatively stock engine). It's proving that it's an SUV in every sense of the name!!

PICT1948.jpg

that's 4 8' peices, and 3 2.5' pieces of laminate shelving, aswell as a fullsize spare tire, spare fluids, and $100 worth of random Holloween party supplies from target.....

wagons are great for that stuff. when my dad and i remodeled a house, everything from wall studs to sheets of plywood and drywall where tied to the roof and jammed inside and away we went. great moving vans too (fit a recliner and coffee table in the outback, couch strapped to roof, 100 miles later in the apartment)....

you should see what me and my family can fit into a two seater datsun 240/260/280Z... EASILY enough for a two person, week long camping and fishing trip, if we can get groceries once we are there.

I went to the 12 hours of sebring one year with a buddy in his 300ZX, and he didnt believe we fit everything we did in there.. but thats just experience. The next year when we went, he had a 77 corvette, and tried to do the same thing... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH

Heck yes...I have shoved so much crap in the back of my wagon...

Right now it contains:

-Cinder block

-Jumper cables

-First aid kit

-Lawn chair (permanently in the upright position - for chillin')

-5 qt. motor oil

-1 gal. washer fluid

-Brake fluid

-Grease

-(approximately) 6 changes of clothes

-4 sweaters

-2 rain jackets

-2 winter coats

-1 furry parka

-2 pair rock climbing shoes

-2 rock climbing chalk bags

-1.5 lbs. climbing chalk

-1 case (32 rolls) athletic tape

-30' chain

-30' tow strap

-2 clevises

-2 hooks

-2 rolls duct tape

-1 roll camo duct tape

-3 rolls electrical tape

-100' nylon rope

And some other crap...

this certainly isn't the largest load I've ever put in it. heck, my girlfriend and I fill it up way more than that every year for camping. and I've used it to move from my parent's house up to college (3 hours away) at least twice a year.

but this is definately the longest thing I've had in there. as I was leaving home depot I had some doubt about whether I could fit 8 foot lumber in there....

and daeron, I'm well aware of how much room there is in a Z. my dad's got an '85 300ZX 2 seater. and we've used it a couple times to go up to the lake cabin. the only thing we can't take, is the dog.

i had about twelve 8 foot 2x4s in my GL-10 sedan a few months back.. trunklid closed and everything. it really is amazing what the general shape of a htachback does for storage space in a vehicle..

and I have never liked the term SUV. Ive always considere4d them overgrown station wagons... and found it morbidly hysterical when all the soccer moms started driving them instead of minivans.....