Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So inform me about the 2.5T please

So i'm thinking about buying an 05 OB XT Limited.

I want to know how long the engine will last.. i know they're not bullet proof like the good ol' 2.2L, but how long should i expect the motor & tubro to last? like.. 75k? 100k? anyone know?

I found one that i like with 18k on it... and it's sooo shiney... and shiney things make me want to buy them :grin:

but yeah...

does anyone live in Boulder CO, and want to look at a car for me? ;)

and.. does anyone here have one of these XT's? have any major problems? any info would be awesome

and yes.. my impreza is getting very old... and i need to take the tranny out and fix the AWD... and some wheel bearings :-\

Considering that its the same engine as the STi with a different Turbo and tuning, I think it ought to last 200k. I don't know all the details, but considering that it's a 250hp version of a 300hp stock, "reliable" 400hp on stock internals, engine I think it's probably a good motor. I'd say much better than the 2.0T

[...]

I want to know how long the engine will last[...]

The engine internals are all the same as the USDM STi's. The heads are different only because of bracketry; the cams are the same. There are STis running around with more than 75 k miles and no issues.

If you check around on http://www.legacygt.com you will find quite a bit of engine/turbo/longevity information.

Hey - I'm not too close to Boulder (up in Evergreen), but it is closer than New Hampshire! ;)

If you don't find anyone else to check it out, I'll head over and look at it for you, if it can wait until Fri afternoon or later.

the car sold last night :rolleyes:

it was on th elot for 5 days... eesh.. these things go fast!

you can go to a trusted dealer (if you can find one you trust) and order one from them. the used car managers go to mega auto auctions and use wholesalers to get cars on the lot, so if you really want one, they will get in the first one they see... you might not be able to get all of the spec you want, but they can get an xt for you