Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Who has got a vanity plate 4 the oldsoob?

I used all of my 2 brain cells dedicated to imagination- after 25 or so ideas, I think I like this one:

showplatealast4passengertc0.png

This plate has no existence. maine dmv's website allows for checking and gives a picture. I want to do this for the infamous, the exotic, the everlasting, going extinct without conservation: the EA82 :)

I really wanted "3 mains" or variant, but it seems "3 mains" is a popular plate in maine for nostalgic sailboat people- used elsewhere other than crankshafts :mad: There wasn't one combo. "got90hp" seems a good one, but there is other little engines doing the same. the real kick is the torque makin 90hp huge (as most of us with a running ea82 know). So.... I may go with my forum nick, for other cars. I hope to be parking my old sube while it is good, so it can be started again the same way. won't need plates anyway. "1781 cc" is an actual plate the state dished out to someone, not as a vanity. I am curious to know what the lucky car was.

I wonder if a vote is capable here for the best old soob vanity plate :)

This one is ambiguos:

showplatelast4px1.gif

i once tried to get blank plates.:-\ i gave the form to the woman at dmv, and she said "you checked off that you want vanity plates but it doesn't say anything in the box. do you want vanity plates or no?"

i said, "yeah i know, that's what i want."

"they have to have at least one character" she said.

so i said, "ahhhh, just give me regular ones then." and she did.

that was about 12 years ago, but i still always get regular old plates.

vanity plates have gotten pretty expensive in NY i think too.

But its not the last 4, it's actually based on subaru's first four. :mad:

It's the very last 3 main bearing four cylinder boxer in the US. I did find some stuff about the citroen that maintained production in small numbers in Russia,possibly into mid 90's, but never verified. World wide, it could be citroen as the last, but for usa it was a loyale.

Here's my vanity plate for my XT-6: "XT6 XTC" I'd show ya a picture but I just don't have the plates yet (in the mail) but they are for my newly aquired '88 XT-6. I got the idea from the way they have the model of the XT6 on the title, it's written as an "XTC" and that just seemed to fit so well :cool:

I've reserved CT Antique plate "QDZTL" for my '73 wagon...any guesses? :brow:

92x67mmcr0.gif

There is a bunch of 1781cc fans out there, I can't get the combos I want. This is one left describing engine. Not even "94 ea82" worked... I am not geekishly alone in my pursuit in my state of around 1million and not all driving. :grin:

This could be the plate.. no doubts.

QDZTL - means its an acronyom for something.:confused:

Qdeez TL ?

• 2 weeks later...