Ultimate Subaru Message Board

RECOVERED Loyale in Seattle

Thanks to everyone for looking out for my car.

The Des Moines police recovered it today and I went to look at it at the impound yard. The steering column was ripped open, the stereo was stolen, a couple windows broken, and anything of value was taken (including my 40 GB iPod), but the body seems fine. For some reason, they tried to rip out the headliner. They left the Hellas, pugs, and good tires. I'm not sure about the engine. It looks OK, but I couldn't start it because of the ignigion.

This is where it gets weird. It was found in a trailer park just a few blocks from the middle school where I work. When I went to see it in the impound yard, there was a set of keys on the passenger seat, and they're from the school district where I work, including a key for a district vehicle. The person who drives that car lives just a few blocks from me, and my current theory is that the theives must have been prowling the neighborhood and stolen the keys from her car before stealing my car.

Now I get to see how much the insurance company offers me. The adjuster is going to go look at it today, and if they decide it's worth salvaging, they'll move it to their own lot to stop the storage fees.

Glad it was found!

May I make the suggestion that you maintain posession of the car until they settle with you on it?

Might be in your best interest. Troublesome insurance settlement vehicles occasionally have a tendancy to disappear. And older subaru valuation is often troublesome.

Glad it was found!

May I make the suggestion that you maintain posession of the car until they settle with you on it?

Might be in your best interest. Troublesome insurance settlement vehicles occasionally have a tendancy to disappear. And older subaru valuation is often troublesome.

YES GET IT OUT OF IMPOUND ASAP

my wife layed her van on its side (long story) but it was to avoid a wreak went to the wreakers over the weekend (she told me couldn't drive it)

well the insurance company wouldnt cover the claim and we had to pull $286 (?) out of are rump roast :-\ :eek:

just my two cents

ryry

good luck getting what you want from the insurance company...

yes, you will need it. insurance companies suck. don't you think a 1987 subaru gl with very little rust, flawless paint, one fist sized dent, new shocks and struts, new headgaskets, complete reseal, new water/oil pump, complete tune-up, timing belts, new radiator, 2 new tires, junkyard rear diff, 2 junkyard wheels, NO LEAKS, new clutch, and 170,000 miles is worth $2000? okay, that's a bit much actually... but the nearest one to here in that condition is $2100. shouldn't they basically buy it for me?? i'm really sorry if i hijacked your thread... my point is, good luck with insurance. lol