Ultimate Subaru Message Board

A subaru owner from Sweden

It reminds me of those old folders called trapper keepers. They had them funky polygon designs on them, and dolphins in space driving school buses and stuff like that.

I am with durania/OldSkool camp on this one. I had one one time that took me all year to figure out.. picture a mirror, reflecting the image of the statue of liberty, thrown on the ground and then melted... all while still reflecting (some of) the image of the statue of liberty... and that was just the focal point around which the polygons and polyhedrons were orbiting...

People don't believe me about that thing!!

sorry for the off-topic, but i had to sound off on that :grin:

Uniqueness i like, and your brat is unique. Welcome to the board!

Hear Hear, That is one cool looking car.

Like many others....one of a kind.

Automotive psychosis is expression too.

Drools over the 3 x Hella rallye 2000's........yum

Welcome.

so those headlights dont effect the function of the radiator, do they? thats alot of watts to stick right in front like that...

I have never owned a brat or any EA81 (well I worked on one, once, eight years ago, but i was an ignorant child then) so I may be wasting breath... but it was a thought. it looks nice, to be sure. :grin:

so those headlights dont effect the function of the radiator, do they? thats alot of watts to stick right in front like that...

I have never owned a brat or any EA81 (well I worked on one, once, eight years ago, but i was an ignorant child then) so I may be wasting breath... but it was a thought. it looks nice, to be sure. :grin:

All EA81's came stock with 2 row radiators. They are amazing cooling units. Many folks have found them to be perfectly adequate for the EJ22, etc. I'm using my Brat's stock radiator (it's a new one - I replaced it a few years back) for the EA82 that's in it right now.

GD

Never had problem with overheating, not even during summertime. But i might be moving them to the rollbar , thinking of buying a winsch and fabricate a new steel bumper.

We dont have so many brats in sweden not modified, standard brats are unusually to. Like my hella rallyes and yes its almost the cars value in front. Thinking of getting it little higher in front what about adjusting the original height adjustment a bit???

Thinking of getting it little higher in front what about adjusting the original height adjustment a bit???
Can't go too much further then it already is (unless the front springs are sagging, which it doesn't look like yours are) because the outter CV's on Subarus are a bit weak. And if you don't have many Subaru's in your area, replacement costs go through the roof. Here I just go to the local junkyard and pull some for around $40AUD ($33USD) a piece. But theres plenty of Subies in Australia, especially Brats/Brumbys/MVs.

The lift kit is pretty easy to make (I've built one for both the later models and the earliy models/pickups) It sounds like you have the knowledge you need for the job. When I get the time I will send you some pictures of the blocks and bolts and stuff that I used. Getting the angle on the front strut lifts right is the hardest part, but I think I have a plan on paper, might scan it and send it too. PM me your email address if you want the pics.

• 1 month later...

A little update in the xtra lights department, i traded my hellas for a set of opel frontera 6X15 six hole rims for my future lift and bigger wheels. Since the dark season in sweden is dark i needed som xtra lights so what to do!, after a little shopping tour these babys found there way up on the small roll cage.

post-17272-136027619971_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi where do you live in sweden?

My leone turbo also needs a new paint and maybe am I going for the same paintscheme.

I found mine on blocket for 1500 skr and a few weeks later my sister bought a GLX coupe turbo for the same amount of money.

You can still find cheap EA82T in sweden.

Hi where do you live in sweden?

My leone turbo also needs a new paint and maybe am I going for the same paintscheme.

I found mine on blocket for 1500 skr and a few weeks later my sister bought a GLX coupe turbo for the same amount of money.

You can still find cheap EA82T in sweden.

I live in the south of sweden a place called Älmhult. Nice to see someone from sweden here.