Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Pitch stopper ?

ShawnW

I found this photo (stole from Webshots thanks to Subarino for it).

2107095100042305049ymGHiL_ph.jpg

How did you get it to mount to the trans?

Im running an RX trans with an xt type bracket mounted on the tranny. The trans mount end is dead center on the car but the pitch stopper is off to the left.

I was thinking I would drill out the existing bolt and run one off to the other side so it would like up.

My stopper got bent when i lengthened it, and it eventually broke at the bend. so yeah, if it gets bent, it'll probably fail there, rather quickly.

I'm currently not running a pitch stopper on the EJ wagon, which reminds me that i probably should, anyone with an EJ swap figure that one out?

Yeah, its an EA-82, i didn't think of the XT bracket, i have an RX tranny, maybe that will have the bracket also?

nope. RX tranny's don't. and I haven't found an XT in the local junkyards yet, so I don't have a pitch stopper either...

the problem they're talking about, is the EA81 pitch stopper is mounted off-center. and the XT bracket is centered. and there's no way to put the EA81 bracket onto the EJ22....

The bracket off of a legacy tranny bolts right up to the EA82 tranny. Use the legacy pitch stopper rod, and you're good. Another detail that tends to say the EJ tranny's really aren't that different.

not if it was an automatic. and that still doesn't solve the problem of the offset mount on the EA81 firewall.