Ultimate Subaru Message Board

After the "before" but before the "after" PICS

All, well here is the wagon after all the engine and elec work is completed :banana: . Now time for a bit of cosmetic work. But I wanted you all to see the beast. Thanks to everyone up here who helped me get this far!! And a special thanks to Ed Rachner :clap: who went well out of his way to help me with my Pug wheel madness.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=18065

So next is a trip to DMV, then some trim work etc. I'll post more pics later

DasWaff

btw, the silver LeSabre in the background is my Mother in law's...

yah, that digi looks alot cooler than the green one in my car. The orange may not be as easy to see, but the green isnt exactly the greatest for visibility either. O well, I would still rather analog cluster over that.. but I would pine for one less if I had an orange dash :- )

nice wagon. The trim above the thicker trim is a "last" for your year wagon. I have 87 with out it, but had one that did have it.... You have one before they got real cheap on us all. :confused:

It is a good one to keep up well, good luck on your projects. I don't believe you will find a loyale in that color either, like my 87 with a one year only paint scheme of "spice brown" or "cinnamon metallic" or to me just poop brown with a touch of pink, quite strangely unique (pant code "749". Like the color of yours it seems darker than regular brown.These things are a factor in any older car.... :)

BTW.. is my car pink?! I swore it was brown until I saw yours- as yours is definately a chocolate lookin brown. I am nearly color blind with some colors. (Not to hijack your thread - just comparing colors)

nottapinkwagonml6.jpg

What is your build plan...?

Well, the real question is more like whats my build budget...:)

Gonna hit a couple of the zillions of body shops around here and try to get her a fresh coat of paint. The wagon is my work 'truck' and I'd like to keep it as rust free as possible. Also going to try to figure out what can be done about the fine cracks in the rear black corner wraps, if anything.

still rather analog cluster over that.. but I would pine for one less if I had an orange dash :- )

Actually I didn't know it had a digi when I got it. I do still prefer the analog gauges but I have adjusted and become kinda fond of the amber digi, especially the turbo animation, and it draws a lot of comments from the folks who ride in it.

BTW.. is my car pink?! I swore it was brown until I saw yours- as yours is definately a chocolate lookin brown. I am nearly color blind with some colors

With only the posted photos to go on, your wagon definitely seems lighter and redder than mine. I've never seen the same brown as mine in person, but I have seen a couple of pics of Subies that color.

I'm hoping the shop can match that metal flake brown, I'd like to keep it. You would think it wouldn't show dirt but all the red mud around here stands right out. I need to find a couple of trim bits, I have the original grill and an '87 grill, and I'm going to leave the gutter trim off. Biggest problems inside are a badly sagging head liner and a worn back seat. I ran a bunch of the seat, cockpit, and dash plastic through the dishwasher while I was working on the electrics and it came out great.

We'll see how it goes... DW

BTW.. is my car pink?! I swore it was brown until I saw yours- as yours is definately a chocolate lookin brown. I am nearly color blind with some colors. (Not to hijack your thread - just comparing colors)

BGD: since you said you are a bit color blind, I will answer a little more thoroughly. there is DEFINITELY a region around the hood/wheelwell that has a strong pinkish tint to it. It looks more like a photo issue than the actual color of the vehicle, though.