Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA81 coupe

what should I grab from a 1981 coupe that just showed up in the JY? It has a taller center armrest with the power window switches in it, it that the "hi-rise"console?

That's the EA81 hi-rise console, yes. All the power window EA81's had it, as well as the turbo Brats even though they didn't have the power windows.

GD

That's the EA81 hi-rise console, yes. All the power window EA81's had it, as well as the turbo Brats even though they didn't have the power windows.

GD

My 84 Brat has a hi-rise that came stock. No PW and the place where the switches go still has the blank in it. Isnt that special?:rolleyes:

Sorry for the HJ:D

heres a list of what i can think of (depends on how much pulling you want to do and if the stuff is close to free) i`m interested in the console for sure, and maybe a power window swap.

pass side seat if its decent

hood, fenders, doors if rust free or near it

shifter nob if its the wooden style

door panels

headlight bezels/grill setup with lenses and headlights

front bumper if chrome and not bent

wheels if they are wagon wheels

steering wheel (i think paul likes the early style steering wheels)

ignition switch

carb if it looks like its ever been rebuilt

alt and starter

mirrors

body moldings/emblems

i doubt you feel like pulling a motor, but ea81s are pretty saleable around here, now that they started using them in aircrafts. also, i think wagonsonly might be looking for a 5sp swap.

IT's a 2wd with power steering. The seats are junk, the drivers door is rusty, the passengers not so bad I'm not grabbing stuff like the grill and hood, they're not coupe specific, so I'm not bothering. I can't get the weatherstripping for the rear windows because its power windows and no battery. I could break the windows?

IT's a 2wd with power steering. The seats are junk, the drivers door is rusty, the passengers not so bad I'm not grabbing stuff like the grill and hood, they're not coupe specific, so I'm not bothering. I can't get the weatherstripping for the rear windows because its power windows and no battery. I could break the windows?

If you are enterprising and can get it reasonably, someone will probably want the engine cross-member and power steering rack. PS was not even an option on Brat's (except it was standard on turbo's), so you could sell that bad boy on ebay as a "Brat power steering rack". It will bolt straight up for anyone without PS. Grab the pump and it's bracket with the belt idler and you have a complete "Brat power steering coversion" setup.

GD

No, just open the door. The weather stripping is on the quater glass and is press fit on. You can get it off with a screwdriver or putty knife if your real careful by pushing it off the edge of the glass.