Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I might add as I'm thinking Nipper is trying to say the same thing that we need to listen to each other.If you're gonna ask for help and then totally ignore advice then don't waste your time on your keyboard.Why waste money on unnecessary parts trying to diagnose a problem when there is lots of advise here? Just my .02

John

have we cleaned the mass airflow sensor? i'm sort of stumped since the car is not in front of me. There arent many things that are working while the car is in open loop, but the airflow sensor is one of them.

nipper

Don't clean the MAF. Whatever you use is not a good idea, and the manufacturers certainly don't recommend it.

Don't clean the MAF. Whatever you use is not a good idea, and the manufacturers certainly don't recommend it.

Seems like people have done it here before. You need to do a search on how to do it properly (i may be facing that myself).

nipper

• 3 years later...

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I'm having exactly the same issues with my '92 GT Legacy, (2L). Anyone have any ideas what the root of the issue is? Also I don't know if this is related but last night when I first turned the car on I flicked on the AC only to have the idle turn ruff/revs dropped and the car just felt like it was about to stall. Any insight would be much appreciated!

Edited by hurro