Ultimate Subaru Message Board

how many miles/gallon

use 87 octane, it'll do just fine.

i used to get 34 mpg constantly with my std 1600. that was with 87 octane, and running it kind of hard.

right now i`m fighting to get 25 mpgs with my 4wd brat 1800:rolleyes: it was used to premium gas its whole life, and it doesn`t ping at all with regular.

I have a spfi e82 1800 5sp pushbutton 4wd wagon it gets 32mpg on 87 octane:cool: . Someone told me that my new hatch should get around 50mpg:banana: , i have not yet got it tagged so if any hints can be made it would be much apreciated. :burnout: When i bought it i hoped it would do better than my wagon.

86 hatch

had to run 92 or it would run like it looks and ping under a good hard load

around 260 miles per tank average

ohh

1800cc

NO-A/C

NO-P/S

13" tires :grin:

4 speed D/R

one time i drove to spokane from kent and forgot to fill up in cheany (?) town before Spokane

any ways the gas gage was in the BLACK and i got 296 miles out of that tank and im sure a little dirt :burnout:

ryry :drunk:

I have a spfi e82 1800 5sp pushbutton 4wd wagon it gets 32mpg on 87 octane:cool: . Someone told me that my new hatch should get around 50mpg:banana: , i have not yet got it tagged so if any hints can be made it would be much apreciated. :burnout: When i bought it i hoped it would do better than my wagon.

They are out of their mind. Even the justy was only about 38 to 40.

Expect to see in the mid 30's because it's 2WD, and fairly light. As a comparison my EA81 2WD wagon with a Weber did 33 MPG on a road trip a few years back. The STD hatch should be a bit better than that - probably 35 or therabouts. Put an EA81 and SPFI on it, and you might be pushing 40.

The hatch's all have a small tank, so don't expect long voyages. On my wagon I could push 400 miles, but the hatch tank is several gallons smaller.

GD

type of driving will determine your miles per gallon as well. city vs. highway, 50 vs. 75 will make significant differences in your final gas mileage.

That's true - I should also make note that my 33 MPG road trip was at 70 to 75 Mph as the I-5 in WA was 70 at the time. Had I slowed down to 55 the mileage would have been better I'm sure.

GD

Since I rarely ever fill Bucky and seldem ever go on long road trips with him anymore its hard to say...but last friday I filled him up...so far I went 310 miles 180 of it mostly highway the rest its usual stop and go stuck in traffic stuff ( you ever get stuck in traffic on Long Island NY..OMG!!)...and I am still well above a quarter tank.

92 SPFI EA82 FWD 5 Spd with new clutch...200108 miles...he must average between 38-40+ mpg..

With my EA82 86 carbd wagon I can get up to 42 mpg on the flats w/o any wind and at 55-60 mph. At 70 mph, it drops down to about 28 to 33 mpg, and in the Colorado Rockies it drops down to 23-25 mpg. I don't know what it would do in city driving since I haven't lived in the city for the last 26 years.

I've always used the lowest octaine fuel (it varies between locations) available and my timing is set at 12E BTDC. It just barely pings and runs much better than at the factory setting.