Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Legacy Ti and Mi - What's the diff?

I have an 89' Legacy Mi. Its a bit basic - has electric mirrors, air con, EJ18 16 valve SOHC SPFI engine, 5 speed manual and fwd. No heated seats or heated mirrors, no climate control or central locking.

From what ive seen round here i think the Ti came with a few more options and was awd.

I have an 89' Legacy Mi. Its a bit basic - has electric mirrors, air con, EJ18 16 valve SOHC SPFI engine, 5 speed manual and fwd. No heated seats or heated mirrors, no climate control or central locking.

From what ive seen round here i think the Ti came with a few more options and was awd.

never knew there were legacy's with EJ18's.

Here in NZ its a popular motor choice, along with the EJ20. Very rarely do we see EJ22's. Mine is an SPFI EJ18, only the pre 91's got SPFI, the rest had the quad cam 16 valve MPFI setups. But of course this is just here in NZ where we get all the JDM crap and occasionally some of our own weird specced cars.

either the Ti or the Mi wagons had heated seats, cant remember which one it was. Ever wonder what the blank plate next to the parking brake on the 90-94 Legacy was for? Heated seat switches. I found one in the junkyard a year and a half ago, and never saw one since, junkyard or on the road.