Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Show off your roos Mileage!

• 1 month later...

My 90 Awd legacy just hit 300k about two weeks ago and i'll hit 301 tommorow. Im hopin it makes it to 400k :). I know the body will cuz im gonna replace the motor when it goes. The motor still feels strong, im in the middle of a little road trip from southern oregon to washington, im goin back home tommorow. She's still gettin 30 miles to the gallon too.

Hey Twitch.

Its been round a couple of times now.

The wierd thing is, I was on the way to the wreakers to grab among other things a new cluster with tach meter.

I just happened to notice the km as I was driving and wondered if I would get to the wreakers in time.

Turns out I had a couple of k's to spare so I had to go round the block a couple of times to get it right.

Even so it's still a remarkable coincidence.

And now I have that instrument cluster sitting in the workshop staring down at me.

Creepy.

My 87 GL wagon, carby, automatic, original motor and tranny, 228K

84 Brat, we replaced the original motor at 285K and rebuilt the transmission preemptively, but it was still working fine, minus the fact that you could start the car in drive. The original motor had a feedback carb and wasn't idling right, and after some rebuilt carbs we just threw in a resealed JY motor out of frustration.

Current - 1991 Legacy Sedan = 365497 miles

my first car a 1984 Subaru GL Hatchback bought with 179000 miles sold it 4 years later with 469000 miles, for $50 more than I paid for it. I saw it still running down the freeway 5 years later, have to believe it hit the half million mark. That car owed me nothing.:grin: