Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Loyale from Hell!

Ahhhhhhhh a semi-tropical -18 here this AM (with wind chill -30) 4 degrees is "working in the yard weather" and not likely to be seen for another 2-3 months!

:grin::Flame: :Flame: :Flame: Daeron!! a few days ago it was 4 degrees here with a minus 15 wind chill...now ask what cold is to the people who live in Canada or Alaska..now thats cold!

************ my car is solid but even it has rust but it doesn't top daerons how do you feel safe driving that car any way?

Its all cosmetic.. I don't necessarily feel that the person BEHIND me is in the best of positions.. :rolleyes: but the sub-frame and the undercarriage look great. Its all around that rear windshield, and beginning around the front windshield. My car was Ziebart'ed at some point, BTW..

Even the trunk looks great, outside of the side areas shown, there.. Meaning, the tool recession is solid. I drop my hydraulic jack in there all the time without blinking.. (well, not quite "drop" but I am not treating it like a carton of eggs by any means.) The holes had already begun the first time I ever saw the car.. something like six or seven years ago.... and I dont think theyve gotten that much LARGER, but it was my older brother's car, and he drove his wife-to-be's car whenever possible.

I didnt mean to threadjack, here, honest!

hehehe - was waiting for you to jump in on the rust thing, daeron!

getting back on "topic" tho - most of the older Soobs are picked up cheap because they have problems that were caused by neglectful previous owners. by neglectful, i mean the p.o. did not keep up with proper maintenance schedules, or let small things go until they became big things. then they put the car up for sale as a "parts car" cause it doesnt run, or whatever.

this was pretty much the case for mine - the p.o. drove it till it had more problems than he wanted to deal with - clutch gone, bad alternator, axle going, etc. at one point he had replaced the rear hatch cause somehow he had broken the glass - easier (& cheaper) to replace the whole hatch than just the glass - except he didnt get the wiring right (cut the darn wires! :mad: ) anyway, i bought the car for next to nothing, fixed the problems and have been driving it for just about 5 1/2 years now, mostly trouble free.

my point in all of this is that with a little time, effort, and usually just a few $$ you can end up with a GREAT car. might take a little while to work out all the bugs that the p.o. ignored, but once you do the payoff is a very reliable vehicle.

... my point in all of this is that with a little time, effort, and usually just a few $$ you can end up with a GREAT car. ... but once you do the payoff is a very reliable vehicle.

Yes, I Agree... I helped too many People / Friends to fix Cars that they get Cheap by little things that make ´em don´t run... like Broken Timin´ Belts, etc. But here, even a Used old car is Expensive. But there aren´t too much problems with rust here.