Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Evans Creek pics, Feb. 3 (QMAN'S RETURN!!)

ezapar

I'm not trying to stir up anything, but since you guys posted a bunch of toyota action pics does that mean I can post my trail run pics here? I have lots of good offroad pics but since they're not subaru I thought I couldn't post them here. Maybe we could have another forum category called "non subaru offroad."

Great pictures and event.

As for Soobs and Yotas, I can say that almost everytime when Scott and I have planned an offroad event in which we personally bring Subarus and mostly only promote it here on the Subaru site, it seems like we've had more Subaru owners drop out and more Toyotas show up to where we are outnumbered by the Toyotas. If you watch our offroad videos, you will likely see more Toyotas then Subarus.

It's great. They all know how to have a good time and usually treat each other good.

Rollie

that is true, but the sticky in this forum does specifically comment about posting pics of other rigs.

whatever, the point is that I think every one of us here that now has a toyota, had a subaru before that, and wheeled the living crap out of it. I didn't quite as much as the HP guys, but we've got a little different type of wheeling up here....one that likes to devour subaru suspension systems.

but, I must admit, with the huge (QMAN'S RETURN) comment in the title...I got all excited to see the brat back in action.....and now I see it's for sale. I guess it was just a matter of time.

Zap. isn't that the Yota you bought to rob the bumpers and roll bar off of?

That was my point... I was excited to see Q-man's brat in some action! keep in mind what I posted, "Whoa, am I in the right place??? I thought this was a Subaru board...Toyota wheelin? Great trucks and all, but I'd rather see some genuine Soob action." I stand corrected about the "trails..." forum

When I posted the invite on this baord I did it to get you Subaru folks out and have a good time. I don't care what you drive. In fact I posted this run on 4 other boards. Its funny you mention that you see almost all Toyotas in the pics. In the NW-Wheelers board there are some run posts with lots of Subarus in them:-\ .

I was also the person that invited all you Subaru folks over to that board. I did this to get everyone one on the same page as far as what is going on out there in the 4x world. I think the more we intermix with each other as far as boards and clubs the better chance we have to get the word around about land use issues.

I would love to see more Subaru wheelers out there when I wheel. Maybe next run :confused:. March you should see another post up for another run. Gotta beat the dents out and cage up my junk:-p . I hope to do one in Elbe soon also. Everyone is invited that is in skill level and rig level. I don't mind helping folks through the tough crap and I also like it when people help me through the same stuff.

well if your done, complaining... some of the other posts have subaru's in them. but a lot of yota's mix in with subaru's... it's just a fact, and like heep says the more you intermix the better the comunity. it's an offroad section.and where's the pix of your rig wheeling at the evans run? i saw this run posted everywhere... if you don't have a capable wheeler, i'll sell you mine in july.

well if your done, complaining... some of the other posts have subaru's in them. but a lot of yota's mix in with subaru's... it's just a fact, and like heep says the more you intermix the better the comunity.

So why did my Gopher video thread get deleted ??? :confused: .... :-p

Second to last pic on #1 post is awesome!

Dain']Whoa' date=' am I in the right place??? I thought this was a Subaru board...Toyota wheelin? Great trucks and all, but I'd rather see some genuine Soob action.:burnout:[/quote']

somebody get this guy a copy of Zap's old footage and show him what this is really about :cool: :headbang:

and... just wait till waterwagon2 is back! :burnout:

The new DVD (old footage, more than 5 years' worth) comes out soon. It's being worked on right now. 6 hours of footage to go thru and compress into one vid is no easy task, you can be sure.

I am in utter anticipation for this one.:headbang: I'm gonna be making a subaru movie too, but it will be another year or so. Still have lots of footage to get.

• 1 month later...
I hate to break it to you, but the first time I took a Subaru thru Evans Creek, you were 12. I wheeled my first Subaru when you were 8. I first drove a Subaru offroad when you were -2. [end quote]

That is the equivilent of a *************** slap right there

Personally i made the opposite step as most, i have had a 96 Tacoma since 2k and wheeled it hard till i started breaking expensive stuff and moved to a less wheeler friendly neighborhood, then i got ahold of the Imp and well...

Pete

"rubber side down"