Ultimate Subaru Message Board

A lil' Georgia wheelin' action.. (big pics)

quazar

Well.. today was my first weekend day off in about 3 months. The last time I took the GL out was in October.

I hit some trails off some powerline roads today, I hadn't been there before. I didn't have any friends come along with me this time with their rigs so I was pretty careful and a little bit more cautious.

Here of some pics I took when it was safe for me to get out. All the pics where taken when I got out to spot a path to get through somewhere (which was pretty often since I was by myself). There were some pretty big drops for the the GL. There was one that was a 3ft almost straight drop into a creek. Some pretty good climbs and decents as well. The GL did really well and I was really happy with the superswamper TSLs.

The really flat open sections were on top of some really big hills with some climbs that all I saw was the hood. The clutch-kicking technique works great when coming outta deep mudholes. :)

IMG_2079.JPG

IMG_2081.JPG

These were taken after coming out of a big mudhole.

IMG_2082.JPG

IMG_2083.JPG

This was taken after I got out of a smaller but deep mudhole and was about to drop into another one. I almost got stuck here because the front skidpan was caught.. I had to back up a little and get a little run at it to get out.

IMG_2086.JPG

These two pics where from when I had to get out and take a look at the best path down a slope that was rutted out in the center.

IMG_2087.JPG

IMG_2088.JPG

Thanks for looking!

Eugene.

Cool. Where's PIB?

Maybe you, JWX and I can get together sometime and play in the woods when i get a stock'ish RX running again.

JWX has a hatch...we should convince him to lift it and put some real engine power in it.:Flame:

PIB is P'tree Industrial Boulevard. :)

yes... all 'roos need a lift.