Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Bad news !!! Help!!!

Well, whilst detailing the newest addition to the family, I found rust and rust-out in a very bad place! :-\ Around both hinge pockets for the sunroof, someone used some really p*ss poor sealant so I decided to clean it up and reseal it. Unfortunately, it's pretty rusted with a couple of small (less than 1/8") holes. I resealed it with Ultra Gray since it will stick and seal d*mn near anything. I know this is only temporary, but I already know what to do. I'm going to do a roof transplant. Everyone keep your eyes open for an XT with the full top removeable sunroof in the scrapyards or elsewhere. Make sure there is little to no rust. I don't need the sunroof itself, just the vehicle roof. I'm going to cut it about 2" down the A, B, & C pillars, then re-weld. The trim will hide all the welds, so no bodywork!!! The downside: ALL the glass has to come out. If you see one, let me know and get prices for them to cut it out (3" down the pillars) or if you can do it, I'll make it worth your while. I'll send money for it and then figure out shipping if necessary. Thaks guys!!