Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need Help Quick! - How Shall I Connect those Wires?

Well... is Me Again!

Recently I Changed the Oil Pump of my EA82, and the new one did came with the warning "Light" Sensor, I installed the "Pressure" Sensor from the old one too, and I did connect its wire, it works fine.

But since I remember that the Subie had long time ago a Workin´ Light too, I was Searchin´ in the Wires that Goes near, to see if I can find the Disconnected one (It was Disconnected Long Time Ago, when Dad first resealed the Old Pump, at mid of the 90´s and did lost the Ligt Sensor... :confused: )

So, I just found two wires that where united and attached to the Ground, in a intake´s Bolt:

LooseWires.jpg?t=1174080332

The Black with Red Stripe, and the Blue.

As Far as I Know, one of those shall be the ECU Ground, but I´m not sure...

So, the Three Questions are:

1. Shall I Leave those two Wires united and Grounded?

2. is one of Those, the Low Oil Warnin´ Light Sensor one?

3. What is the Use of Each one?

Thanx!

:)

- JesZeK

is this an EA82? what year/model? carb, FI? the EA82's and ER27's i've worked on only have one wire to the oil sending unit. the ends are always black on the ones i've seen...but being another country and cut on top the engine that doesn't really mean anything for you. trying touching them and see what happens when you turn the key to "ON".

right now, with nothing connected, does the "idiot light" light up when you turn the key to "ON"? if not, then just touching the wires should show you which one works but trying that. i wouldn't think it would light up though if it's not plugged in, so that may work. then again maybe i'm cracked up and you need both for some reason.

a better bet might be installing a more useful device, like an aftermarket oil pressure sender rather than just the "ligth".

If it went to the light or the sender, grounding it would cause the oil pressure guage to rise to max pressure, or the light to illuminate. The oil pressure sender wire is blue in the stock harness, so it probably is. Black with red stripe is probably a ground for the harness - there should be a ground attached to one of the manifold bolts - it may be that one.

GD