Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The RS RX runs!

kingbobdole

it would only be neutered if you put an inline engine in it. ;)

well done, is there a reason why you decided on an NA ej25 though?

which tranny are you using? curious as i am looking at an ej swap for myself soon enough......

I chose the EJ25 for 3 reasons... fuel milage, powA, and price... I scored this one for $400 for helping the guy I got it from with his swap:banana: (EJ20T into a 2000 LGT)

I used a 3.9 ratio impreza AWD transmission... I chose the 3.9 because I then swapped my LSD from a 3.7->3.9 which is a cake swap... that way I could keep my clutch type LSD:burnout:

cool, loving the black body kit :headbang:

what all was involved in putting the EJ shift linkage in there?

So I wired the Alternator wrong. :oops: I used the Rick method of wiring and put the two black wires together since I have no diagram for a newer subarus alt... ATM when the battery and alt are hooked up, the alt draws about 4 amps and flats the battery in a few hours.... not that great. I know that the top nut(power out) on the alt is getting power. The alt has 3 pins, but the plug only uses two.. I connected black to black and blue to like yellow... the outer pin on the plug also gets 12 volts and the center pin gets none... should I just switch them?

It WILL be at the meet provided I get the alt all sorted out....

As far as the EJ linkage... its out of a WRX... It took that, and a welder:Flame:

heres some pics:

The stab bar I left alone if you look at the pic above, I used some iron to hold it to the car:

100_1081.jpg

The shifter link I took the stock WRX on one side, got my length and welded the 96 impreza(my tranny) on the other side... I think I had to shorten it quite a bit.

100_1082.jpg

I think he said once in another post stock ea82 front and rear section with wrx mid section for the tranny mount... I could be wrong

Close... I actually snagged a stock one off a early 90s legacy...

Here it is:

100_1038.jpg

Now the front section that bolts by the strut rod is WAY too wide for the old car so I used its front stock piece, used an existing hole, looked drilled bolted, called it good...

100_1044.jpg

Then I slapped it under the car... I had/have another problem... the rear section is a little wide as well... Lets just say I didn't really solve it... I bolted up one side good and tight and let the other side "hang" a bit... The mount is very solid, just doesn't have all the bolts in it... If I get spanky someday I might just drill some holes in the car and bolt up the other side.... Here it is installed:

100_1051.jpg

I think he said once in another post stock ea82 front and rear section with wrx mid section for the tranny mount... I could be wrong

im sure that was me...

use the front and rear section from an XT6 and the center section from a WRX and the WRX trany bolted right into my EA wagon. no cutting or welding needed...

-=Suberdave=-

http://www.suberdave.com

it could be that the auto-4wd driveshaft could be shorter...

Could be. Never even thought about that. Might have to go measuring at the junk yard. I've been holding out on commiting to a customed d/s in hopes somebody would find one that is close.

I've also niticed the 2dr impreza is close to the same wheel base as ea81(non hatch) and ea82 cars...

Question!

On my list of things to do is to hook up the Tach... How might I do that? On the LGT diagram, there are 2 wires that go from the ECU to the "custom CPU" in the dash that runs the spedo and the tach... Any ideas?

On a farther note, I've been EXTREMELY lazy.. I fixed the exhaust, and have just been driving it! Its getting about 30 MPG or so with me driving it pretty hard. When ever it rains or snows I'm sure to slide it around and do some fatty burnouts. :burnout:

On the list of other things I have to do is:

Hook up the oil pressure gauge

redo the interior

windows switch issues

well, mostly just interior junk... :rolleyes: