Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Where to buy a rebuilt engine... Recommendations???

if you "buggered" the end key/crank pulley area there is a company that sells a kit to repair that. beats replacing the engine. if i could remember any more about it, i'd tell you but i don't. and you should let us know if that's your only issue.

for a rebuilt i would only consider CCR in colorado. you won't hear higher recommendations from more people in the subaru community. give emily a call if your serious about going this route.

if you "buggered" the end key/crank pulley area there is a company that sells a kit to repair that. beats replacing the engine. if i could remember any more about it, i'd tell you but i don't. and you should let us know if that's your only issue.

That's all that is wrong with the engine. The pulley bolt came loose and the loose pully did a number on the end of the crank. So far I haven't been able to get the timing belt pulley off.

What would the kit look like?

That's all that is wrong with the engine.
that's what i figured. i forget the name of the company/product but they make a kit that allows you to repair this. you could even look at it and come up with a fix yourself if you wanted too. you'll have to search for it, i don't recall the company or product name.

for what it's worth i've installed a number of crank pulleys without a key or pin onto a crankshaft without any problems. it's not ideal but sometimes you don't have a choice. since the bolt and crank is iron, you're not going to strip it like aluminum. crank it down HARD. 1/2" socket with a 3 foot pipe on the end has never let me down.

I just bought a 95 2.2 with 71K on the clock and it was $495 with shiping from Jamie at carpartsdirect. It runs great and he was easy to deal with. I did all the seals, timing belt, etc all the standard stuff you do when the engine is out and I am very happy with it so far. Might be cheaper long term than rebuilding a 2.2 with over 230,000.

Try him if you like.

Jamie Johnson

1-866-554-PART (7278)

jamie@carpartsdirectllc.com

www.carpartsdirectllc.com

CCR is great too.