Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Just recieved my lift kit

Go buy some rust penetrant and let it soak in for a couple of days while you're waiting.

Thanks for the tip. So far everything I've done to this vehicle has been smooth regarding crusty rusty stuff. I wish I could say the same for my bmw 2002. I want to roll that rusty lump into the ocean.

Yes, go get PB Blaster. It will make the job 1000x easier. The bolts you will be removing have been under your car for 20 years, subject to all kinds of nasty road grime. If you strip one of the threads while removing the bolt, you will fight it when you gotta install the block.

The 1st time I did a lift install, i had to use a tap to chase some of the threads in the body so the bolts would hold.

sea foam deep creep leaves PB Blaster in the dust.

Just like PB Blaster did to WD-40 when it came out.

Sea Foam Deep Creep really is that much better, IMO. it COSTS more, to be sure, but so did Blast when it came out.. and the deep creep just eats rust for a light snack. it doesnt go away over time; I have taken frozen diagonal cutters, freed them up with deep creep, (they felt like NEW) and left them outside under a canopy for like, eight months, picked them up and when I moved the pliers back and forth a couple of times, deep creep started seeping out of the box joint... and they still felt like new. PB Blaster, I can get the same results, short term.. but in a month the pliers are sticky and rusty again.