Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ER-27 from XT6 into GL10 Wagon

jhnpldng

Will it physically fit? have ability to cut and fab. 1987 GL10 has digital gauges. I don't know about XT6. I just have a line on xt6 and gl10 needs to be pulled and redone anyways. xt6 is complete car with no title but low miles. I have two kids and need the wagon. xt6 is long distance so I can't just go measure it. Has anyone put the H6 motor into any other Subaru with a front clip similar to gl10? Actually thinking the whole drivetrain from xt6 under wagon. Have to keep at least some wagon suspension parts. And if I wanted to get extreme I could use turbo from gl10. hell while I'm at it get a second for twin turbo H6.

butanyways:) back to the original questions.

Will it physically fit? have ability to cut and fab. 1987 GL10 has digital gauges. I don't know about XT6. I just have a line on xt6 and gl10 needs to be pulled and redone anyways.

The motor is substantially longer. so the radiator will need to be moved forward a bunch.

also, IIRC there is a 3rd motor mount in front. so you'll need to address that.

then there's the wiring issue....but that's not a huge deal.

it's more than possible. and there are a handfull of people who have done it.

heavy, heavier, and too long. RB26DETT is an inline 6 and cross-breeding is not normally cool, especially with a nissan. :lol:

plus the ER will bolt up with little issue... if I was going to swap my wagon, I'd do an ER27 OVER an EJ22.... I don't want to have to deal with the whole plate thing because I prefer my tranny.

EZ30, doesn't that have a built in immobilizer that is REALLY hardto by pass and won't work unless it sits in it's original body or something weird like that? Although it does use cam chains :cool:

ER27 uses the same gearbox pattern, plus the same mounts I believe. So you don't really need to modify anything to put it in except the radiator. Very easy. But you better have a FT4WD box or else that thing is going to be a FWD burnout king.

EZ30, doesn't that have a built in immobilizer that is REALLY hardto by pass and won't work unless it sits in it's original body or something weird like that? Although it does use cam chains :cool:

I believe just the EZ30R does. the older EZ30D did not (and also didn't have AVLS or AVCS).

i put an er27 into my hatchback and used an ej radiator, its actualy about where the stock ea81 sits, you just need suuuuuper duper low pro fans. you'll need custom motor mounts, and you'll have to bash the rear frame rails about a half inch or more on each side.

fits no prob