Ultimate Subaru Message Board

subyrally's annual frederick cookout!!!

hey everybody, its that time again, time fore a cookout with me, your friendly neighborhood subyrally.

once again i am looking to host a cook out here in frederick maryland. its looking like saturday august 25 will be a good time to try this year.

im going to need help with things this year. i will definatly be needing people to bring food and drink this year. since i am slightly unemployed this time around and going through chemo, i will need as much help as possible.

i will be able to bring a little bit of stuff, but i cant supply nearly as much as i did the last couple of years.

the closer it gets to the cookout, the more ill get things in order and the more details ill be able to provide. as soon as i have more details, ill update the thread, please let me know if you can make it and what you can bring.

and as always, anyone with a good mood and nice personality is welcome, no grumpiness or ill will need attend.

hows brat progress going for you man? any pics? glad you finally got a brat!

i just pulled mine out to clean it up and put it back on the road and damn, its already starting to rust after spending just one winter on blacktop outside. i think that bothers me more than if i had a new car that got scratched or dinged.

i do hate rust. this thing is going to need a new floor to start, then rockers, but the suspension mounting points look good, the rear wheel wells are in rather good shape and there is very little body rust on the sheet metal, the ony rust on the body is on the passengerside rear fender. im going to get out tomarrow and try to get some better pics of the rust, there is a lot of it. i might even try to fix some of it ifi can. need to find some sheetmetal thats thick enough to repair the underbody.

hows brat progress going for you man? any pics? glad you finally got a brat!

i just pulled mine out to clean it up and put it back on the road and damn, its already starting to rust after spending just one winter on blacktop outside. i think that bothers me more than if i had a new car that got scratched or dinged.

20 ga or thicker will be ideal for the floor pans. I've used 22 ga stainless and it seems to be plenty strong though

i personally prefer a bit thicker than that for flooring, lol. iam hoping to actually make this thing better than it was new once i am done, granted, yes, it will take time, but i am willing to put the workl into it if i am physically able. i dont care how it looks underneath when i am done as long as its not rusted anymore. might not be as pretty as it was new, but i fully intend on rebuilding the floorpan of the car and reinforcing the body where possible.

something I forgot to tell you tim.. if your looking for cheap patches go to junk yards and if they are going to crush an old chevy or ford pickup grab the hood you can get mabye five or six good patches out of them before you have to start squeaking on the metal. usally they will give them to you for free if there going to smooshided the car

I won't be able to make it up until the weekend of my good man. acts is comming to my home field.http://www.coastalpaintball.com/acts/currsked.html you should come down man we got a team teogher its going to be some kind of sweet. if nothing else I have a running bet on weither I can make it to snake off break agnist smithvegas. if you can make it down come on and anyone else who wants to come out and try your hand at acts speedball your welcome to join as well:banana: :banana::clap: :clap: :clap:

does that mean no timmy for the tourny.. makes me sad going through withdrawls:slobber:

that will be the weekend directly after my next treatment, i doubt that ill be in any shape to do much that weekend. especially speedball, i would be worthless at that anyway.