Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Turkey Baster?!

Ther was hootin at my place last night. My Soob has'nt been run for about 10 years. I had some ignition probs that were figured out thanks to you guys. Especially the fusible link one. The gas tank was totally drained to get out the nasty stuff. The line from the tank to the filter was blown clean with an air compressor. I had to see if the dang thing would run. I picked up a plastic turkey baster and filled it with with gas. Suirted it into the feed side of the filter(attached was small chunk of fuel line) until I saw it fill the 2nd filter. Then I hooked up a long chunk of fuel line into a 5 gal gas can. The other end went into the feed side of 1st filter. Turned the key and less than 5 secs she was running!!!!

After about a minute though there was a bit of smoke and a burnt smell wafting out from under the engine. I shut her down. Tonight I pull the plate to see what's up. We're close:banana:

You know, If'n I would have picked up the baster at an autoparts tore, I probably would have paid like $8.00 and they would have given it fancy name.

So that's what cooking spiders smells like. anyone remember frying ants on the sidewalk with a magnifying glass or did I just date myself?

There are lots of available people out there, no need to date yourself.

great deadpan

I was a veterinary technician for several years, and so whenever anyone says "turkey baster" I think "60cc syringe" because thats what I have always used as a turkey baster... I also use one as an oil tube, for household use. handy as all get-out, and super easy to refill. Brake bleeding, anyone? ive got a quick and easy to use "vacuum pump" for you!!