Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Colorado Red Rocks meet July 29th

I'll make this one, if I didn't would have to shoot myself considering it's basically in my backyard...though this time think I'm going to break the RX out and show all those WRX's their grandfather! Plus the rig has no A/C and it's just been too damn hot, and my OBW would just blend in and you old school guys wouldn't be able to find me :rolleyes:

Any interest in a small BBQ for the USMB folks afterwards?

No one cared when I brought my Rx last time... all kinda gave me the "Who parked their old accord here?" like looks. :dead: I'd be up for a BBq but bringing food would be tough... might have to get it on the way there, but IIRC there is a foods store pretty local.:banana: I'll be in the 6 BTW.

No one cared when I brought my Rx last time... all kinda gave me the "Who parked their old accord here?" like looks. :dead: I'd be up for a BBq but bringing food would be tough... might have to get it on the way there, but IIRC there is a foods store pretty local.:banana: I'll be in the 6 BTW.

Yea well not everyone can see the beauty of an RX :confused:, and your even running those guy's type of engine. I'm sure most of them will laugh at my RX, but I have 10 forward gears and a somewhat modified EA82T that is willing to try hard! Besides I just think of it as a meet with the USMB folks with a hell of a lot more cars around to look at. But at least the old schoolers tend to stand out. :clap::burnout:

So doesn't sound like a BBQ after..lunch someplace then?

:eek: OMG, they actually took pics of our old school cars....heck Phil even got a pimped XT6 compliment on AWDpirates. I got a few pics I'll upload here later (at work now). Got a nice shot of the few of us who went to Sonic afterwards.

I don't know about the rest of you...but I'm wishing hardcore today that I would've remember the sun screen yesterday. Burnt to a crisp...

I don't know about the rest of you...but I'm wishing hardcore today that I would've remember the sun screen yesterday. Burnt to a crisp...

Ya I am a bit burned today. My true redneck is showing through a bit. Atually I got crispied pretty good. I am glad that the new school guys actually showed some intrest to the old school subies, allthough I would say a good portion of them have no clue what an rx is.:rolleyes: Sad but true.

:eek: OMG, they actually took pics of our old school cars....heck Phil even got a pimped XT6 compliment on AWDpirates. I got a few pics I'll upload here later (at work now). Got a nice shot of the few of us who went to Sonic afterwards.

I noticed my Lego in a few photos.

You guys should have said something... I had some sun screen in the car... I burn like toast.:dead:

I found this item on eBay; it's a brochure for the '89-'90 Alcyone written in Japanese with tons of photos

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-1989-SUBARU-ALCYONE-Japanese-Brochure_W0QQitemZ200131038408QQihZ010QQcategoryZ35935QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Might be interesting to see what the Japanese were offered that the rest of the world didn't get

If anyone knows how to contact the guys with the turbo Lego with turbo bumpers, I found JDM turbo bumper fog lights with the dash switch.

:eek:

These are extremely difficult to find.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-65-JDM-Subaru-Legacy-BF5-1990-FOG-LIGHTS-AND-SWITCH_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33709QQihZ001QQitemZ110155449879QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

No one is bidding on them yet, starting at $10 or buy it now at $79.

The listing says it's for a Legacy with chassis code BF5 (does that mean turbo?)