Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Are Xt and Rx body's the same

hi

no, not at all. all the body peices are completly different

BUT the chassis are identical in as far as mechanically. IIRC all EA82 series share chassis components. EXCEPT the XT6. The 6 shares more with the later Legs & Imps, though the basic suspension architecture is still EA82. I'd think your RX would share more body parts with the Loyale, or GL/DL sedans.

BUT the chassis are identical in as far as mechanically. IIRC all EA82 series share chassis components. EXCEPT the XT6. The 6 shares more with the later Legs & Imps, though the basic suspension architecture is still EA82. I'd think your RX would share more body parts with the Loyale, or GL/DL sedans.

This I already know I will have to source a front end of a XT and see if they bolt on, I mean the bolt on bits like guards,bonnet(hood for those of u from the US) and lights and grill.:headbang:

just to save you some time and money, they will not work without alot of fabrication. if you are willing to fabricate new mounts for everything, give it a shot. people have had ideas about doing simular things, but usually chicken out.

This I already know I will have to source a front end of a XT and see if they bolt on, I mean the bolt on bits like guards,bonnet(hood for those of u from the US) and lights and grill.:headbang:

No - the body's are completely different. The RX is just a trim line of the GL 3 Door Coupe body. The XT is a completely different animal. There's many, many differences even in the drivetrain components. The XT's used MPFI EA82's with serpentine accesory belts for example - these were unique in the EA82 line.

Body panels will not even be close.

GD

XT and XT6 share driveline pick-up point compatibility with rx/gl/gl loyale range xt6 front end is different to allow the er27, but everything suspension and drivline related will bolt between the cars, even the er27 with some 'adjustments'...

Body wise that is where it stops..don't think a single piece of xt sheetmetal will bolt and function on a gl/dl/rx/loyale/leone/L-series

XT and XT6 share driveline pick-up point compatibility with rx/gl/gl loyale range xt6 front end is different to allow the er27, but everything suspension and drivline related will bolt between the cars, even the er27 with some 'adjustments'...

Body wise that is where it stops..don't think a single piece of xt sheetmetal will bolt and function on a gl/dl/rx/loyale/leone/L-series

Sweet as I do know where there is a XT thats been rolled might go and remove some panels and try them on my parts car just to see :grin:

The RX is just a trim line of the GL 3 Door Coupe body.

GD

The RX was a package for sedans as well as the three door coupe. Actually the sedan was first then the 3door coupe. (a friend of mine had a RX sedan from 85,)

The RX was a package for sedans as well as the three door coupe. Actually the sedan was first then the 3door coupe. (a friend of mine had a RX sedan from 85,)

I've known that since before you were old enough to drink. Besides that it still makes no difference in the fitment of XT body panels - they won't fit either the 3-door or the sedan body.

GD

I sold that in May..

You like the boost gayge?

How much you sell it for,did you sell it to Levin, it pretty good nick and lastly did you put new engine in it,oh and do you have a left rear light cluster,and the boost guage is all good,I am in the process of fitting a BOV and a controller,and a set of 14" alloys,do you need any bits for any of your cars,I got various cars and bits here(ea81 engine in good nick)

Sold it to a guy in Levin for $1000 or there abouts. Wasn't completely satisfied with him but anyway, live and learn.

No new engine that I knew of, I was second owner and brought it after the first owner died...

I had been told it had some sort of reconditioning done on the engine, not a full rebuild as far as I know though. I found receipts for ~$700 of brake work.

Fairly well serviced all of its life with the previous owner and while I had it. I put new timing belts on it.

I don't really need tooo much for my cars at the mo. Only one I'm trying hard to keep on the road is the my '81 brumby, My little project, the rest are beyond saving. It needs CV's (repco are so F#@'in useless) and a few other little things. Still WOF'd and REGo'd though. Always on the look out for Gen 1's near me. Apprentice wages aren't the best tho. Also looking for some tasteful accessories (alloys- hint hint- rofl).

Anyway, anything you needa know just ask me and I'll see if I can help ya. Kinda getting off track here.

Sold it to a guy in Levin for $1000 or there abouts. Wasn't completely satisfied with him but anyway, live and learn.

No new engine that I knew of, I was second owner and brought it after the first owner died...

I had been told it had some sort of reconditioning done on the engine, not a full rebuild as far as I know though. I found receipts for ~$700 of brake work.

Fairly well serviced all of its life with the previous owner and while I had it. I put new timing belts on it.

I don't really need tooo much for my cars at the mo. Only one I'm trying hard to keep on the road is the my '81 brumby, My little project, the rest are beyond saving. It needs CV's (repco are so F#@'in useless) and a few other little things. Still WOF'd and REGo'd though. Always on the look out for Gen 1's near me. Apprentice wages aren't the best tho. Also looking for some tasteful accessories (alloys- hint hint- rofl).

Anyway, anything you needa know just ask me and I'll see if I can help ya. Kinda getting off track here.

Yeah I hear you about the alloys i should be able to help cause I found another set yesterday that makes 3 sets of 13 and one set of 14,

I should have CV's here that will fit I have some from a FWD will they fit also got later models front and back.

email me at busrsq@gmail.com

Oh and wot apprenticeship you doing