Ultimate Subaru Message Board

a few questions

1. My 93 Loyale has a factory option tape player and I am intsalling a Jensen

MP3 player, will the tape player plug into the cd player and work?

They both have the same plug.

2. Does anyone have the wiring diagram to the radio?

I know they make a plug but I like to do things the hard way.

3. The ea82 engine has a dead miss in #1 cylinder at an idle that seems to

go away with higher rpms. Is it possible to blow a head gasket without going

into the cooling system? There looks like oil leaking around where the head

meets the block.

Thanks for any answers.

1. I would guess that the plug will work fine though I can't say that for sure. I am assuming there is a standard pinout for the plug so it should match.

2. If you still have the orignial radio plug in place I strongly suggest you get the adapter harness to adapt your new player. It makes the install much better and easier and is money well spent.

3. To fix the engine miss problem try replacing the plugwire first. Then the plug also, if that doesn't work.

Damm! I'm really sorry, But i can't find the page with the radio diogram:confused:

And about you Engine miss yeah try new Plug wires and plugs.. And if it's not that, Then it has to be a low compression issue? I'd think! But it's probely nothing like that at all! It's a Subaru man! Plug wire or plugs, It's gotta be!!:)

Back to your stereo question...

Don't assume everything will "plug and play". Scrap any add-on stuff and utilize your OEM wiring whenever possible. It is more reliable than anything installed after the fact, and OEM is always fused correctly.

If the connector (harness side) is still intact, you can rig an "adapter" using the mating OEM connector on one end, and the aftermarket radio connector on the other.

Using this method, you'll be able to tap into all your OEM wiring except rear speaks. You'll have to run either a dedicated +/- pair, or a single ground from the new stereo to the rear speak connectors (located under the carpeting near the rear doors).

If you want to run an amp, you can run your dedicated speaker wires to the amp, and simply use your OEM speaker wires in reverse.

PM if you need more details, the OEM pin-out, etc...

good luck, John

Sorry been out for a few days.

Cap, rotor and plugs have been changed.

If I remove the oil filler cap air puffs out with the miss, but it seems to smooth out with rpm's.

There is oil leaking all around the head it looks like.