Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I had my oil pump replaced a few weeks later my "splash guard" blew off. The shop says they will replace it but they say Subaru says that it's just two triangular corner pieces I saw a long narrow piece in my rear view when it went.

Any one know if there is some piece that runs the width of the car just behind the front bumper from wheel well to wheel well. Or a site that I can go to to look through for parts diagrams?

Thanks.

Nearly all Subaru's have the two little plastic things over the bottom of the fender openings. Not all Subaru's come with the plastic underdoor which covers the engine bay. If you want to replace it, a salvage yard might be a good place to look.

Or this can be a great excuse to get a skid plate!

I don't know if '99 Outback had the full underdoor. The parts list shows just the little left and right covers you mentioned. If you check out this link, then click on the item description, the full underdoor would be 'item A'. But since no item A is listed for '99 Outback I don't think it came with one.

But if you look at this link for an '00 Outback you'll see what it looks like with part #. Probably won't fit a '99 though as '00 was the five year design.