Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Carter carb for '81 Brat

I ordered a carb for my 1981 Brat from a wrecking yard hotline and I end up with a Carter that this guy swears came from an 81 Brat. There is no way this thing will bolt on. Anybody know anything about these? Thanks.
a 2 barrel carter carb was popular on some of the motors used for flying..usually the intake manifold was made to fit this carb on

Dain']I had a 2barrel Carter Weber on my '82 Brat GL (unless it was only a single barrel...who knows). but yeah' date=' find a Weber[/quote']

dain, that was a single bbl. the brat im gonna go pick up has a single bbl carter on it. and its a '82 brat. my cousins lifted had a crappy 1bb carter on it too.

the subaru kid

-Dalton

The '81 GLs came with a Hitachi 2 barrel. The Carter-Weber came starting on the '82s unfortunatly. I had a '83 hatch with one and took me forever to get it running right.

A few years back, I called my local dealership looking for tune-up parts for my '78 BRAT and he asked if it had a Hitachi or a Carter-Weber carb. He must have been trying to look smart by tossing names around.

Then he said he hates looking at the microfiche to find part numbers and pretty much told me he didn't want to sell parts to me?!

The whole car has been rebuilt part by part from various sources. Smart... he ain't.