Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Suberdave, Qman... I challenge you!

True, but we are within 10 ft.lbs of torque of eachother.

You'll see on Dave's graph how his torque/HP happen late in the RPM's. Thats the stock JDM V-Limited WRX computer.

Now look at mine. Torque upfront where its funnest. I need to work on switching out my turbo for something different. Mine really doesn't have a topend. My car is running a Haltech E6K and has been professionally tuned by http://www.getadomtune.com

Dave - Check out getting a Hydra from Dom. I think it would be a much better fit to your plans than a powerFC. Regardless of which you go with, talk to Dom about tuning it. He is a goldmine of information.

Nice numbers guys. I notice it was on a Mustang dyno, my experiance has shown about 10-15% lower numbers from Mustang as opposed to a Dynajet or Dynapac style dyno.

For compataive purposes, a friend of mine had his 100% srock 05 WRX dynoed on a Dynajet about a year and ahalf ago, the figures were 191HP, and 196ft/lbs.

Volvos arent awful.. They call em "bricks" heh... I had a buddy who owned both a turbo 240, and a turbo 780 intercooled. nice enough cars, but very rare to find em in a fivespeed.. thats my biggest beef with em.

Actually, right now there are two attractive lady friends of mine who count on me to care for their Volvos :clap:

I dont know. i had a 2000 Volvo V70R. and i would take my Subaru over that thing any day of the week...

Fixed your post, it now points out your problem :-p

Seriously, I wouldn't touch a car this side of say, 1996, with a ten foot pole. ANY of them are too bloody big for my tastes, except for the sardine can miatas. ohhh, how glad I am for the miata; I still wouldn't buy a newer one though.

Anyhow, my friends turbo bricks were both 80's cars, one an 83 and one an 89; the 83 weighed about 2900 pounds, (IIRC) and was a four door sedan MUCH more spacious than my GL-10. Very nice interior, too. I have always felt that vintage volvos were rather maligned vehicles... Like anything else, you have to be ready to work on it, but if you are it isnt SO bad.