Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I just took a look at the Subaru web site. Can you get a regular Legacy wagon any longer or just the Outback with the lifted suspension??:-\ I wanted a Subaru with the new turbo 2.5, 5-speed manual, and a wagon in a lower Legacy suspension? No Legacy GT wagons anymore??:mad:

Yup, looks like Subaru dropped the Legacy wagons for '08. Only Legacy sedans available now. And Outback sedans, too. Makes no sense to me. Possibly, Legacy wagons just weren't selling well anymore. But I wouldn't think that Legacy sedans were bigger sellers than the wagons. Anyway, it's a crying shame!

If ya want a Legacy wagon, you'd have to get an '07.

Yup, looks like Subaru dropped the Legacy wagons for '08. Only Legacy sedans available now. And Outback sedans, too. Makes no sense to me. Possibly, Legacy wagons just weren't selling well anymore. But I wouldn't think that Legacy sedans were bigger sellers than the wagons. Anyway, it's a crying shame!

If ya want a Legacy wagon, you'd have to get an '07.

Or come up to Canada. The wagon still sells well here (better then the sedan from the number I see around).

The Subaru website shows the 08 model....

http://www.subaru.ca/WebPage.asp?WebPageID=6680&Range=Legacy&ModelYear=2008&WebSiteID=282

I think Subaru's press release for the new vehicles said it was to get rid of confusion in the model lines, so now Legacy is the sedan and Outback is the wagon. The Outback sedan never made sense to me, so I could see the logic. That doesn't mean it wasn't SOA marketing's transparent way of saying we don't sell many Legacy wagons or Outback sedans, so we're goint to stop making them.

Stange they would do that in the US when they still sell them in North America. I just did the "build you own" on the Subaru Canada web site and you can get a manual with an 08 Legacy turbo wagon.

Is there a way to title/register these in the US?