Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Somebody Knows This Soob...

I went to Yakima to buy this today and came home empty handed. Six hour drive. It was all going real well until about four minutes into the test drive. I'm accelerating down a slight hill and she just dies. I mean like the coil wire fell off. I coast to a stop,try to crank for a bit and get out start walking back. (bad idea going on a test drive without the owner)I ask a guy in his front yard if I can use his phone to call my cell that i left in my truck,anyway he gives me a ride back owner says she ran out of gas I say I dont think so we go tow it back....crank crank crank...starting fluid crank some more. a gallon of lawn mower gas into the tank, crank crank crank. pull the dis. cap

crank crank rotor isnt turning. Broken timing belt. He gets really pissed ,slams the hood and I'm loosing interest in the whole deal. The reason I'm telling you all this is because the last thing he said as I told hime I was going to pass is "I'm going to part it out" Five allied rims with 90% 29" swampers, looks like allied bumpers front and rear, allied lift, allied front skid plate, weber with a snorkel and the roof rack. I really wanted to make an offer on some parts but like I said he was really pissed at me for some reason so, I left...He was a nice guy up until that point and I checked my email a mon ago and he actually apologised for the situation. Some one needs to buy thes parts...He was asking $1200 for the whole mess. I was going to give it to him. But, I didnt.

allied2.jpg

allied1.jpg

yeah its sad to see some guy want to part out such a nice peace of work. art if you will.:-\

Your only a few miles away. Run over there and offer him $20 for the

32/36 DGEV. Get that front bumper too. I'm tellin ya. He wants it gone.

What ever you do,DON'T take it for a test drive.

• 1 month later...

It has found a new home.......and will be loved!

I saw this Beast of a Subaru on craig's list and couldn't resist. I am new to the lifted Subarus but always wanted one. Had a 79 brat years back but couldn't bring my self to putting that much money into it. Now I have one and I think I'm gonna love it. I am sure I will be asking many questions of the many great soob gurus on this site. Thanks in advance.....

~G

beast1s.jpg

Nice, snorkle FTW, Welcome to the oossmb as I call it, That thing looks in near perfect condition, well from the outside at least.

Body seems good, but it has some definite issues. Heater is stuck on defrost and not very warm, it pulls to the side when I accelerate, and it sound like half of the bolts on the car are missing because it rattles so bad. The tube going to the snorkel (from the carb out the fender) was cut, just kind of shoved in there. But it starts right up and is drive-able. Interior is not too bad. Overall I'm quite pleased. Im glad he put those stickers on there so i found this site. It's cool to get a little of the history of the car.

Thanks again.

~G