Ultimate Subaru Message Board

radiator sources?

I'm going to need a radiator source if my repaired unit fails. I have an '83 GL Sedan FWD AT w/ AC. The core measures 25" x 13 3/4". I tried every site listed on this thread and no one has a match for it. radiator.com had the closest match at 25" x 12". What gives???? I imagine I can retrofit the radiator.com 25" core length to work but the damn thing's $200! Every other site pulls up a 23" core length for my car. BTW, my GL has straight in/out pipes.

Look like this?

soobystuff001.jpg

soobystuff002.jpg

I have to get up there (been crazy busy on my days off) and measure it, but thanks for the measurement on your rad.. this is either an EA81 radiator or something slightly older, unsure if they were for automatic trans or not but IF its for your car, I will sell you one on the cheap, and its an old OEM part, never used.

Here's another listing I've wondered about: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/85-90-SUBARU-LOYALE-GL-GF-DL-FE-RX-RADIATOR-86-87-88-89_W0QQitemZ230190203270QQihZ013QQcategoryZ33602QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It's $56.99 delivered to my door. I would think for that price, you get plastic tanks and an aluminum core. It's listed as having the lower outlet pointing toward the fender. For a stock daily driver, that is a very good deal. If it's any good at all. Anyone here bought one of those?

It cost me $42.50 each to have two copper/brass EA-82 radiators tanked, pressure tested, and painted. The owner of that shop told me the radiator listed above is probably made in Singapore and had no further comments.

Well, I went to the radiators.com warehouse today. The guy there stars looking up other versions. Only has 1 row radiators with the up angle outlet, and plastic tanks. That's not what I wanted to order. Gives me a load of BS about we don't do refunds, only exchange for the correct part, accusing me of ordering the wrong part. :mad: :mad: :mad: "see, it's right here on the invoice". I tell him how the --- do I know that when I am ordering on the internet, and then they call me to be sure about the fit - and they get it wrong???:mad: :mad: :mad:

45 minute drive to warehouse. Took 1/2 hour more to get the refund. Supposedly a couple business days to get the credit on my card.

I try to avoid made in china whenever I can. Been learning to ask before ordering lately.. I am always looking for discounted Name Brand parts & equipment. Lately I have been coming across more "discount" suppliers that really are only selling cheap MIC crap. It's cheaper because of no OSHA regulations, no environmental regulations, cheap labor, etc. Not discounted / surplus / low overhead good stuff.