Ultimate Subaru Message Board

$948.48 tax in including steel wheels. Tire Mag/Toronto

205/55R16 Nokia WR All Weather $159.00 Installed and balanced.

Black steel rims $49.00 etc

Thats $948.48 tax in including steel wheels.

And you get to deal with Tire Mag.

I really love the guys, this would make my forth tire-set purchase from them.

What do you think?

Tires $636 Rims $196 Tax $116.48 total $948.48

205/55R16 Nokia WR All Weather $159.00 Installed and balanced.

Black steel rims $49.00 etc

Thats $948.48 tax in including steel wheels.

And you get to deal with Tire Mag.

I really love the guys, this would make my forth tire-set purchase from them.

What do you think?

I just bought Blizzaks from the Tire rack. If you check out Blizzaks in the size you're looking at, it would cost you $509.27 US for 4 tires delivered to your door. Add $200 for the 4 wheels from Tire Mag and you're at ~ $700. It cost me $45 to have mine installed and balanced. You'd save about $150...(maybe more if the cdn$ keeps going up).

I've always used Blizzaks and find they wear well and are unbeatable in the snow. They're also quite decent on dry roads. I run them on both of my Subarus..89 O/B and 03 Impr.

Blizzaks have my vote as well, I run them on my Acura RL and my Honda Odyssey and they will also be on my next Subaru. I have purchased 3 mag wheel/tire sets from Tire Rack and even with the US-->CAN dollar conversion at the time and shipping on top of that I couldn't find a Canadian dealer who would come within 10% of the price.

Winter tires pay for themselves the first time you stop 2' away from hitting that guy in front of you.

That's not bad. I have a set off steel rims. Do you want them?? They are rust free. I want like $40 for all 4. They have tires on them though. But they are fine for your car. They are 14". I used them on my Legacy. I spent $600 for all season tires at Active Greenross(I think thats the place?). They were decent wheels though and in the winter seemed to work pretty good compared to my last set of all seasons.

$200 for four steelies? Screw that. I just saw a set of used wrx alloys for $60 in my regional nasioc classifieds.

That's not bad. I have a set off steel rims. Do you want them?? They are rust free. I want like $40 for all 4. They have tires on them though. But they are fine for your car. They are 14".

14" wheels don't fit over his brakes.

Again, I am talking about the original post. The price is $49 each for the steelies and I would not pay that. Additionally you should check into ordering from tirerack or discount tire or something because you could probably save yourself some more money that way.

For reference:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1378908

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1386973

You should be able to put together a used alloy and online ordered snow tire package for more like $600 mounted and balanced. And they'll last 3-5 years, not 5-10.

Yeah, I just happened to have seen them recently. I don't really feel like combing through other local classifieds.

I thought tirerack usually had pretty reasonable shipping. There might also be some other online Canadian vendor or a place with a warehouse around detroit or buffalo or something where you could pick up the tires. Although by that point it's getting hard to justify possibly saving a few hundred bucks on the purchase price for all the trouble you have to go through.

Does the Nokian WR really suffice as a snow tire?

I am thinking to use them only in the winter so I can make them last a while

Say 5-10 years.

Thinking about doing this near december. I am thinking that this is a reasonable price.

Any comments?

The Nokian WR's are great tires, weather it be wet, dry or snow. But if you are only going to run them in the winter i have to agree with everyone else that you should go with a set of Blizaks. We have Blizaks on my mom's front wheel drive minivan and they are absolutly incredible. They literaly stick to everything, including ice, we have never spun, slid, or even have the abs kick in. (although we were driving carfully, even with good snow tires it does not mean you should drive fast).

I would only go with the Nokians if you plan to use them all year round.

Both in California. Only problem with tirerack is shipping is expensive and there is duties unless they mark it as a gift.

Becareful with that too, even marked as a gift sometimes they still ding you with duties, and don't forget about brokerage fees... They best thing to do is take a drive over to buffalo for the day and get some tires put on and drive back... no problem...no duties and all that other mess.:banana: