Ultimate Subaru Message Board

In case anyone wondered where I have been... again...

Hi guys and gals.

It has been an interesting year: I was forced to move earlier in the year (under some truly bizarre circumstances, as family-related things can be) from the home my family has lived in for over 20 years. Moving my herd of Subarus and parts stash proved as diffucult as moving the household belongings.

Well, the place I moved to temporarily (housesitting for my B-In-Law while he is contracting in Iraq) is beyond DSL, beyond cable, and almost beyond decent phone service. Dial-up got us, at best, 14.4Kbps speeds. Ick!

My jobs have kept me so busy that 3-4 hours of sleep/day is about the best I can expect, and Fridays I have been getting off work around noon Saturday... up to 22 hours between my 2 jobs. On Sundays all I wanted to do was veg.

And the worst part of all is that I had no running Subaru to drive! :eek::mad::dead:

Well, the move is as done as it will get until my B-I-L's return forces us to move again. Everything is still packed away. The BIG garage (32x54) that my B-I-L had payed up-front to have built still sits in pieces in the crushed rock... Without a garage, my grandiose Summer plans of a Subaru resurrection marathon fell apart. I am currently using 1"-thick subflooring panels as a portable work floor so that I can use my engine hoist and floor jack.

Qwest installed a mini-Switch near us, so we now have DSL with a decent speed.

My work is still the same, and is actually a little worse right now as the night job is advertising-driven. Bah, Humbug!!!

But...

...I just got an XT running (sitting for awhile awaiting HG replacement), so I am at least a happy driver again. :clap:

My wife worked through the summer (school employee) and sold a bunch of our kids toys that had been in storage, and used the proceeds to buy herself a car: A '92 SVX. Very nice. Very fast. She keeps teasing me that I should get one.

Anyways, now that I have a Broadband connection again and a Subaru to drive I should be visiting the Board a little more often.