Ultimate Subaru Message Board

UAFC: Ultra Air Fuel Controller

WJM

So if the EA82 and ER27 share the same MAF, that must mean that the when in the EA82, the MAF still has heaps of headroom.

Has anyone ever measured the output voltage of the MAF when making power?

For example, does it give 4.9 volts when the car is at factory boost at 5000 rpm? or is the voltage much lower?

For example, does it give 4.9 volts when the car is at factory boost at 5000 rpm? or is the voltage much lower?

Given that its a 10V maf, and it is also the trigger for fuel cut, I am going to guess that at 5000 RPM, WOT, Full boost, it is probably getting pretty close to the 10V mark at that point

I haven't measuered it, but the fact that it triggers fuel cut tells me that it is topping out its voltage. The more air (Bigger turbo and such), the more quickly it reaches that voltage.

Sorry, i meant 9.5v.

But yeah you get my idea.

;)

I think I am going to try to get in on the next Beta. I am curious to see what I can do with one of these, a decent FPR, fuel pump and possibly some larger injectors than the nissan ones I am using. I have a set of 450ccs around here somewhere....

Might use a 5th injector in conjunction with it, not sure on that yet though.

the problem is making the safc work with the 0-10v maf properly.

ahh, so the safc needs 0-5v, and our MAF uses 9-10v?

So basically, we just need a way to cut our voltage in half, run it through the safc, then double it again to the 0-10v to go to the ECU?

If so, that's easy to do. I probably have enough stuff on hand to make something up real quick.

-Dave

ahh, so the safc needs 0-5v, and our MAF uses 9-10v?

So basically, we just need a way to cut our voltage in half, run it through the safc, then double it again to the 0-10v to go to the ECU?

If so, that's easy to do. I probably have enough stuff on hand to make something up real quick.

-Dave

that's exactly what I was thinking a while ago, but nobody listened :rolleyes:

It shoudnt be too hard with a couple of quite simple electronics.

that's exactly what I was thinking a while ago, but nobody listened :rolleyes:

It shoudnt be too hard with a couple of quite simple electronics.

True.

But a new Apexi SAFC is $360

A used one STARTS above $100 generally.

Then you have to deal with rigging it to work.

The advantage of this homegrown solution is that it is under $100 and works with the correct voltage range right out of the box.