Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Snowin' like crazy in NH!

Just got back from a fun ride out in the snow with the brat. This thing sure is lighter in the back than my dl wagon. seems to go anyway but straight, not that thats not fun all the time but the people around me get a bit nervous. Anyone running weight in the back to keep this down to a minimum or is it a free for all ?

Just wondering what the general public is doing besides alot of fishtailing.. woo hoo...

Mike S

Changed to rain down here.But not untill after near blizzard conditions.First my son and I had a blast.Then daddy went out solo for thrills and adventure.Nice 'n greasy today.Too bad it's warming up for the next few days down here.

I wonder if this is going to be like last year?Not even New Years and we've gotten over 2ft. on the shoreline already.You guys must be under 5ft. by now.

Enjoy!!!

... we got eight inches overnight (SNOW, get you mind outta the gutter!), it was so dry The Pretty One swept the sidewalk and stairs up to the street.

The driveway however, had to be shovelled ... all 120' x 12' of it, groooooannnn. Wasn't done by the time for church, but the '00 Legacy just swam right thru it. Course, while at church the city plow came by, so I had to shovel the street apron all over again.

Should have scattered snow showers for the next few days. Our ski mountain http://www.bigmtn.com has a special right now, two Friday or Saturday night ski passes for $14.95, and the road up the mountain (we live right at the base) is so-oooo much fun (if you don't get stuck behind the ski shuttle bus, or a Canadian tour coach).

Wheeeeee

might be that you have different size tires. Thats my issue, my soob does same thing, I have same size tires all the way around, but different manufacturer. My rear tires are slightly smaller than front, rear wants to kick-out cause there spinning faster. Soobs are soo finicky!

Originally posted by dlrallyx'r

Anyone running weight in the back to keep this down to a minimum or is it a free for all ?

Just wondering what the general public is doing besides alot of fishtailing.. woo hoo...

Mike S

he he he. I used to shovel the snow out of the back of my brat before going anywhere. In all honesty, I found that with weight in the back the front end would push out a whole lot easier. With out the weight I could still get the car to turn, but had to watch how much throttle I applied to keep the back end inline.

Keith

We had almost a foot of snow here in Rochester NY this weekend so I took SubaDoo out to play. I had a blast doing donuts in the unplowed parking lots and rally-racing through the twistys in the "seasonal use" roads in the local park.

It's a shame the heater won't work properly though. It's hard to drive when your hands & feet are numb.

:santa:

T.J.

• 1 year later...