Ultimate Subaru Message Board

CO peeps! Feb 23 BBQ!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm thinking we meet at the gas station at 10 am then head down 6th towards 70, then to the beaujo's here:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=JhY&resnum=0&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=bo+jo%27s+pizza&near=Idaho+Springs,+CO&fb=1&cid=0,0,13514799341330689998&sa=X&oi=local_result&resnum=1&ct=image

Then we'll sit around and take annyoing pictures of Jeff to post...and... I donno what else.

Phil fails at spelling Beau Jo's on google.

I vote we take this route:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=10200945315437794559,39.741891,-105.516816&saddr=CO-93+and+Washington,+Golden,+CO&daddr=39.742042,-105.285416+to:1517+Miner+St,+Idaho+Springs,+CO+80452+(Beau+Jo's+Pizza)&mra=dpe&mrcr=0&mrsp=1&sz=11&via=1&sll=39.737818,-105.332794&sspn=0.218598,0.466919&ie=UTF8&z=11&om=0

I-70 would save 10 minutes, but its less scenic and has more hills than US 6.

I did a post, http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=85112

but I'll put it here too.

I'm at 199,964, and every mile of that is me. We reset the odometer when the beefaru was built in '96. This is a pretty cool thing for me.

Anyone wanna ride shotgun for short ride to 200k??

I was thinking of a short jaunt up to genesee or redrocks for a photo. Company would be great. Gotta do it soon though, I'm runnin' outta miles fast!

--Eric

Anyone wanna ride shotgun for short ride to 200k??

Believe it or not, I actually got the original builder on the phone. He wants to meet this week and see the car. If no one else wants to ride along, I might do the short run to 200k with him shotgun.

However......

This could be the perfect time for you guys to catch up to him about how to build that 411 dual range legacy/rx combo tranny. He implied he's for hire regarding building that tranny. Maybe we can do a group pitch-in and he can teach us how to build it.

Believe it or not, I actually got the original builder on the phone. He wants to meet this week and see the car. If no one else wants to ride along, I might do the short run to 200k with him shotgun.

However......

This could be the perfect time for you guys to catch up to him about how to build that 411 dual range legacy/rx combo tranny. He implied he's for hire regarding building that tranny. Maybe we can do a group pitch-in and he can teach us how to build it.

Whoa, wait did you get who I think you got on the phone? Interesting....I would like to turn my spare RX tranny into 4.44 if possible, with the real low range, and I wan't to keep the center locking diff....that would be exactly what the rig needs!

Eric I'm close and we can run up the highway at 100mph on that Digidash of yours for the magical 200k mark! :burnout: Of course timing is everything and I'm busy tonight...maybe tomorrow after I get off work. Ring me if you haven't hit 200k by tomorrow night.

:eek:199,985 :eek:

I've been staying at home writing a book. I had to get valentine's supplies today though. A true test of Subaru loyalty: Go farther for nice flowers and add more miles, or stop two doors down at Walgreens and get the cheap ones?

I've got enough miles left to make it to Red Rocks or the big hogback ridge just to the east. Should make for a nice picture, and appropriate since I'm a musician and the Beefaru's been hauling my gear for over 10 years.

Haven't heard back from the builder, and tomorrow night I have to gig. So maybe the little lady and I can roll to 200k tomorrow before we go skiing.

If I use my gfriends outback for the gig tomorrow, I can put it off till Saturday. Anyone up for Saturday?? Keith wanted to take a picture of the spedometer at 100mph with the odo. at 200,000. Nice idea, but too much traffic within 15 miles of here.

I'll call you Keith.

Keith wanted to take a picture of the spedometer at 100mph with the odo. at 200,000. Nice idea, but too much traffic within 15 miles of here.

I'll call you Keith.

I thought when we talked on Tuesday you were going to hold on to the hood while I took it up to 100mph for the 200k mark? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Eric and I shall have this documented tomorrow as I have the day off (first one besides holidays in almost a year!) Will try and get it on video for the rolling..

I look at it as actually somewhat historic, gotta be one of the first EJ22 (with lots of other specials) converted EA82 Wagon's to roll 200k since it's conversion. Gotta hand it off to Eric for taking such good care of it.

Off for Valentine's night..Eric call me in the morning Woot!