Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Brat- uk how much is it worth?

Hi all,

have decided to finally sell my beloved mv/brat pick-up, only trouble is I can't figure what it is worth

basic honest spec as follows

1992, 1800 carb, 70'000miles.

spent its first 10years of its life in a no rust area of the country

recently painted subaru mica green,

full mot

full new exhaust

no rust apart from lower of front wings [of which I have a new spare pair] and a little bubbling around trim strips on doors

bed has been stripped back and plated in all usual spots.

starts first time, dead reliable- only trouble is I prefer bikes, and can't justify the wheels sat on the drive for 2-3 weeks a year it gets used.

As we know the brat is unique in the fact that it is the only car profile 4wd pick-up around- as such they are hard to price!

Help

Not many UK people on here. All I can tell you is in Australia it would be worth $3000 to $5000 AUD. In the US it looks like maybe $2000 to $3500 USD.

Do your hardest research into it using the next and newspapers etc. You'll work out a price. Either that or ask what you want for it and see how it goes.

What does the mv stand for and what is a brumby. I know that they are Brats and I know what Brat stands for but not the others. It's a little off this topic but I was just wondering since I saw it here.

Jeff

Brumby= Brat. In some places such as Australia, New Zealand to name a few called it this.

the brat market is odd over here,

last week saw one go for £600- rought as hell

earlier I saw one up for £2995- bit better than mine body wise, and a few less miles

£1700-2000 seems to be a sweet spot but it's really hard to tell- nothing ventured nothing gained I suppose

Yours is a DL? Looks like you have the DL head lights and not T-top. Did it get a dual range tranny?

Here in rust free Washington State, there's been a guy trying to sell a good condition DL for $2500 US for a long time.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/car/565138122.html

He'd probably get that much for it down our way (SW MO)

In the US prices really vary a LOT depending on what part of the country you're in... Tough to gauge!!

Yours is a DL? Looks like you have the DL head lights and not T-top. Did it get a dual range tranny?

Here in rust free Washington State, there's been a guy trying to sell a good condition DL for $2500 US for a long time.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/car/565138122.html

I don't think the t top was an option for the uk, nor was the cyclops light.

it does have the dual range tranny [manual 4speed]- wish I had fitted the hill holder parts from the Impreza as that was a great feature when I had the Imp