Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Parts Manual on CD

I just recently purchased the 1979 version of the parts identification manual along with the parts price guide (revision March 1979). I am currently scanning it to CD ROM as a PDF, and I am curious if anybody is interested in buying a CD. I am just trying to cover my cost of materials really. Once scanned, it will be indexed and if you are looking for a part, all you have to do is enter the name of the part in the search bar on adobe reader and it should take you to the pages with that part on it. I did the same thing for the Subaru 360 Pick Up, and it works fantastic. It shows a very good detail of every part on the vehicle (in exploded view) and the part number for every single part.

Let me know if interested.

Thanks,

Jon

I wish someone had the FSM for an 85 GL Wagon. Anybody?

Unfortunately you won't find it over here in this forum. You need to check the Older Generation of Subarus and maybe post in the Subaru Stuff Wanted forum as well. This is the Historic Forum. Dedicated to the pre-80's car for now. Exception being the '80 and '81 Brat and some folks with 1600's who stop in.

This is one heck of a task,to me. If you do it I'll pay for a set even though I own every FPM,FSM,pricing guide,and several other pieces of dealer/service dept. literature from the begining of SOA in 1968 thru the mid 80's and then some. My books are old,heavy,and moldy smelling which can give me a wicked migraine/sinus headache. So far CD's haven't done that to me. Well,there was that time somebody put on a Pearl Jam CD and I got sick ......blargh!!!!! :-p

I bought an AWESOME Cannon double sided scanner that feeds a page in, scans it, spits it out, then turns it around and scans the other side. I bought it specifically for scanning the BOR (book of reprints in Subaru 360 Drivers' Club lingo) and the parts manuals for the 360's. I have all of them scanned and saved to external hard disk. I have made probably 100 or so CD's for the 360 club. When a new member joins, they have the choice of getting the BOR and parts manuals on paper (for 45.00) or on CD (for 10.00) (I think that's the price). In almost every case, they opt for the CD version. I can't wait to get the parts manual for the Subaru 1600 scanned, it will be nice to just use the search on Adobe and find what I am looking for.

Jon

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Sorry about this guys, the manual has been scanned FOREVER and I forgot to post about it. I have been so busy that last summer my BRAT never even saw the light of day. It's in my storage and I only went and started 3 times in the last 15 months! (never even pulled it out)! (Guess that keeps the dash pretty nice)

Anyway, I just sent the file to MilesFox, so I'm sure as soon as he gets it on his server, you'll all have access to it.

Jon