Ultimate Subaru Message Board

RRFPR Question

The problem is it is not an exact science. The only way to really know is to hook up an O2 guage and test with it at different settings. If the engine was already a turbo you should set the boost at the same as stock and slowly work your boost up along with your RRFPR to what ever your desighered boost is. Keep a keen eye on your O2 guage keeping it close to stouich. That should do the trick.

I don't think there are enough people on this board using RRFPRs to really be about to determine a "most popular brand." I have a Jackson Racing ARRFPR, but haven't installed it yet. It was suggested to me that I remove the factory FPR and replace it with the new one, but it is integrated into the fuel system hard lines. Haven't decided how to get around this problem on my EA81T.

I don't understand your ratios but I ran for years a turbo wagon with 14 pounds of boost using a Mopar RRFPR. Seem to call the Mopar regulator started at 45 pounds and do recall the ratio was 1:1.5. So at full boost the fuel pressure was at 66 pounds. Still have the Mopar boost guage and a new EGT guage I never got around to installing. Also have 6 of the larger 240Z injectors around here somewhere.

A 10:1 ratio means to me 10 pounds of boost will increase the fuel pressure by one pound.

Ok for every lb of boost the fuel pressure will raise incrementally with it. So, at no boost your F PR should be about 43psi. With a 1:1 ratio the fuel pressure will increase 1 psi per lb of boost. at 1:2 ratio, your fuel pressure will increase 2 psi per pound of boost. And so on and so forth. If you keep the boost at stock levels and the RRFPR at 1:1 then you should have no problems.

I built a fuel injector flow bench with my RRFPR. I started flowing injectors with the RRFPR to test a few injector with higher fuel pressures to see what flow rates I could get out of them and if they would work on my ER27TT. I hooked up a boost guage and my air compressor as a source of artificial boost which was regulated with an adjustable air valve. If you dont have yours setup right now, make sure you use your stock FPR inline before your RRFPR in order to keep your stock fuel pressure. Also, make sure your hose clamps are VERY TIGHT! When I jumped the boost, the added fuel pressure started bursting the lines off of the injectors, so make sure all your lines are very tight! You dont want a fire!

DSC01573.JPG

DSC01572.JPG

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=26375&page=7&highlight=flow+bench

Correct. The factory will keep the stock fuel pressure and the RRFPR when under boost will basically back up the fuel line causing fuel pressure to increase.

The pic I pasted shows how I have it setup. I will draw up the exact fuel flow in the morning for how the flow runs. but basically; fuel pump - filter - injectors - stock regulator - RRFPR - return to surge tank or whatever. The boost or vaccum signal is split 3 ways; one to the boost guage, one to the RRFPR and the other to the stock FPR.