Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Look at What We just got, 09 Forester!!!

I had to pick up some parts from the dealer the other day for my 08 Imppy...ended up talking to the Co-Owner/Salesman ( the one who sold me the car) ..and he said they are having a hard time keeping the 5 door Imps in stock and the demand for the 09 Forester is just amazing... Sales are through the roof with both models..So you defiantly made a good choice..:banana: :banana: ( If the 09 Forester is anything like my 08 Imppy..I think you will be incredibly happy)

I was the second person in my town to get the Imp..a week later my neighbor bought one ...now there are at least 20 of them rolling around....Enjoy being "The One" while you can:grin:

30 k Euros, is that with or without Eurozone VAT (Value Added Tax). Is VAT really 18% in the Netherlands? OUCH!!!

you are really not going to believe the following numbers:

Lets say

Car (just the car no tax no anything) costs 20k euros

Then add 45% tax on that (its a government punishment for the reason to buy a car, this is called BPM tax which also applies to all extras bought)

So then we arrive at 29k euros, then we still have to add the TAX which is 19.5% OUCH yes over the car so of the 20K. Which then is 34.65k euros for that car.

The outback 2.5i basic costs 23.1K euro and you pay 36.6K to take it home. Most painfull this BPM tax is not used to improve the traffic jams and roads.

HINT, never buy a car in holland. This BPE gets lower with the life of the car.

Cheap cheap.....up here in Denmark that same tax is 180% :eek:

After which we add the flate rate GST/VAT og 25% !!!:clap:

OUCH just checked same outback would cost 58.5K

For the us people here this is 91K dollar. I would say lets give Setright a :drunk:

(i know salaries are higher in Danmark but not so much.

Cheap cheap.....up here in Denmark that same tax is 180% :eek:

After which we add the flate rate GST/VAT og 25% !!!

Nice Forester by the way :clap:

Not to get off topic, but I will hopefully visit Denmark next year when my son studies there for a semester. I hear that it's pretty expensive, especially given the current value of the US dollar. :eek:

This car is not really for me it's for the fiance. I have long hair in the fashion of a Mullet, There for I belong in a Brat or 89 touring Wagon:) , meanwhile my fiance is a superviser at a doctors office, She is the one that will be driving this thing the most. She gets all dressed up and looks very professional and is very professional , so she will fit right in with this rig. I don't see this thing going up to Walker Valley for a mud run or anything like that, So it'll fit with her a lot better than it would me. I probably won't even get to put my Iron Maiden Cd's in this one:lol: . But the main thing is, We have the driveway full of subaru's now, Except one Ford Ranger witch is on it's way out of here this next week. I like the Idea of a Subaru Only house hold. My Mom and Dad are coming up to the dealership with us today to. My Dad is thinking about getting a Legacy. So maybe we can get the whole family to covert from Crappy GM and dodge cars and trucks to the gloriuos World of Subaru:lol:

Jeff

Mullet, iron maiden, mudding in a brat... you sound like a cool dude Jeff!

if you bring your folks or anyone else in to buy a suby... make sure the dealer gives you a finders fee. Here at our local deal that fee is $500 per car! The dealer writes you a check for bringing them a new customer.

Ask them about it.

The only thing that sucks about any new car is the monthly payments and more expensive mandatory full coverage insurance. We've been paying $411 a month + about $75 a month for insurance on our new 06 impreza 2.5i. Payments truly suck rump roast.

That's a nice looking rig One Eye. Looking at the pictures; there is some stange looking white stuff on the hood and windshield. By the looks of it, the car was also inspected by one of the locals there. I'm sure it passed the approval process with them too.;)

The only thing that sucks about any new car is the monthly payments and more expensive mandatory full coverage insurance. We've been paying $411 a month + about $75 a month for insurance on our new 06 impreza 2.5i. Payments truly suck rump roast.

You made out easy on the insurance...my payments are $375 for my 08 Imppy..and the insurance is :eek: $175 a month full coverage with glass. But all in all its still worth it..something happens to the car in anyway shape or form its covered...Plus the piece of mind of not having to worry about break downs ( even if it does I have roadside assistance) etc..is priceless.

Plus ..its nice to know that right now..all but 80 miles on my car ( I have 11K on it already) I put on it..and wasnt someone else out beating it.

That is still a gorgeous Forester

not to be rude but this is the first time i seen the 09 and it looks like an impreza and a ford edge made a baby. :eek:

Ewwwww, that's just so rude. To even suggest that a Subaru would even deign to consider the bottom-of-the-gene-pool Found-On-Road-Dead Edge as a worthy partner in procreation. :rolleyes:

See the cat prints? No self-respecting cat would ever sully his or her dainty paws by touching something so unworthy as a F.O.R.D.

Madam or Mister Feline has good taste. Nice ride! :clap:

You made out easy on the insurance...my payments are $375 for my 08 Imppy..and the insurance is :eek: $175 a month full coverage with glass. But all in all its still worth it..something happens to the car in anyway shape or form its covered...Plus the piece of mind of not having to worry about break downs ( even if it does I have roadside assistance) etc..is priceless.

Plus ..its nice to know that right now..all but 80 miles on my car ( I have 11K on it already) I put on it..and wasnt someone else out beating it.

That is still a gorgeous Forester

that's a lot of money for the priviledge of a driving a car. We'll never buy another new car again. :slobber:

Mullet, iron maiden, mudding in a brat... you sound like a cool dude Jeff!

if you bring your folks or anyone else in to buy a suby... make sure the dealer gives you a finders fee. Here at our local deal that fee is $500 per car! The dealer writes you a check for bringing them a new customer.

Ask them about it.

Well I had a mullet I cut it all off yesterday, :-\ Didn't really want to but I looked like a hillbilly and I just heard that it was 2008!:lol: anyways they said they would give me 50 bucks for a finders fee, and that's cool to me. I rather have my parents be in a Subaru rather than a new GM car. I did get a free hat today from the dealer so that makes it all worth while right there:rolleyes: . Our Insurance only went up $1 from the 98 Dodge that we traded in, So that's not to bad I don't know how much it is a month for it though, I'm not the bookkeeper for the house hold. I'm jsut told to make money.:grin:

Jeff

Well I had a mullet I cut it all off yesterday

I'm not the bookkeeper for the house hold. I'm jsut told to make money.:grin:

Jeff

. . . so much for being a cool guy, no mullet, no cool guy status :lol:

and you and i both know how that "making money" thing is going :dead:

Ok to get on the topic again.

One Eye how does it driver after having it for a week. Any unlogical things? like buttons ect.??

The sun roof is hard to get used to just because it rains here all the time and somtimes snows, but I forget to close the dang thing. There should be an idiot alarm that goes off to say close the lid, but other than that it's great. All the cleaning stuff has burned off the engine so I don't have to play the "what is burning up game" anymore. But I love it. It is probably the nicest thing Tami and I have ever owned. I would recomend one to everyone. :)

Jeff