Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Seafoam+spark=YOU GUESSED IT!

You guys are gonna give me hell for this because I've never heard of anybody doing this.

EA82, 170psi in 4 but 135ish in other 3.

So it's probably just carbon buildup. I pull the plug and fill the cylinder up with soafoam and let it soak for a few minutes. Then I stuff a towell down over the hole so it doesn't spew all over the place. I go to crank and it basically just blows the towell out from under the hood, and then I see flames. The spark plug wire ignited the seafoam.

My initial reaction was "HOLY MOSES!" I run as fast as I can to grab the waterhose and get it put out safely. My secondary reaction was "Welll that was quite exciting." My mother's was "PUT THE DAMN WRENCH DOWN NOW!!!" HAHAHA!! She cracks me up sometimes.

Lesson learned for today: ALWAYS unplug the coil at the primary so the coil DOES NOT SPARK WHATSOEVER AND THERE IS NO DANGER OF FLAMMABLE LIQUIDS BEING IGNITED!

It wasn't at night, but it looked cool reguardless. I think the most awesome part was the fact that the rag came flying out from under the hood completely engulfed in flames. Really wish I could have gotten everything on camera.

Only damage was charred wiring but everything still works. There's a big black spot on the underside of the hood and the strut tower on that side looks darker than the other.

Don't know if it cleaned up the carbon deposits, but if it didn't I'll just put some in a squirt bottle and spray it into the intake.

I didn't turn the engine over by hand because I REALLY wanted to make sure those carbon deposits got shot the hell outta there. I know now that I should have just turned it over by hand!

Man! :eek: That must have been a sight to see. I'd like to be you're naybor, Better then my boring Arse naybors Lol..

Glad nothing was too damaged by the fire, My question is, How much water did you get in the cylender? Cause you had the plug out and you dumped water on the engine...... So any water get in there?

How much water did you get in the cylender? Cause you had the plug out and you dumped water on the engine...... So any water get in there?

It has quite a bit of water in it, but I blew it all out with my air compressor so it's all good.

New plugs and wires: Check

New oil and filter: Check

New fire extinguisher: CHECK!

I'm glad that you didn't damage your car(like catch it on fire along with the towel). If you think that is a hoot, try a can of B-12 Chemtool Carb Spray and a lighter at night. It makes a huge(and I do mean HUGE) plume of flame and burns very hot. It is also good to ward off bugs, bats, stray animals, and also nosey neighbors. It may even remove unsightly hairs if you aren't careful. But seriously, I'm glad that you and your car are okay.

Patrick

It has quite a bit of water in it, but I blew it all out with my air compressor so it's all good.

New plugs and wires: Check

New oil and filter: Check

New fire extinguisher: CHECK!

It's good you got it all out, :headbang:

I like the Fire extinguisher part Lol! :lol: