Ultimate Subaru Message Board

price for an ej setup

i have an ej22 with harness (comlete harness w/ fusebox, relays, dash section, engine section, trans bits...much more than necessary for swap to say the least), ecu, y-pipe and the engine is complete from maf to oil pan and squeaky clean. came from my aunt's 92 2wd auto legacy sedan with 112k miles (i have a pics of car and odometer) that had rear end collision damage. without listing the stuff as being for sale i got an offer of $300 and i'm wondering what a mess of parts like this could get in central ca, i'd rather keep it than sell it for $300.

Price out a legacy with similiar mileage that has some other damage or is ugly... Sell the motor for that. You should and probably will be able to sell that for 1000. At least in Canada you could easily get that...

Or match the price of doing a headgasket, alot of people would rather just put a new motor in.

When I asked at Superrupair, they said $800 for an EJ22 and wiring harness, all parted out already. But this is also in Colorado, where used subaru's still sell like hotcakes at higher prices than alot of other places. A decent condition 1st gen legacy wagon here still sells for $1200 to $1800, though occasionally you find a dead one for $500 or under.

Z

the reason i ask is because i've looked around and seen these engines go for anywhere from $150 to $1400 and that's actually just quotes for a longblock in this area.

i pulled this thing to use it of course, but my goal may be better served by selling this one and buying another seeing as how i can get another running ej22 with about 190k for less than i paid for this one.

i don't want to gouge anybody so i'm just wondering what a fair price for a low mile ej22 in central ca would be. i see these engines on craigslist every once in a while in the $400-$600 range with no mileage listed and i guess i just don't want to feel like a crook if i ask for $600 for the engine including all sensors, alt and torque converter (i'm keeping the harness and ecu).

IMO at least in Ventura County/LA county $600 without the harness and ecu, you are going to have to find someone that has a blown engine, headgasket issue, etc. to make it valuable.

I had a ej22t, ABSOLUTELY complete swap including the 4eat with all wiring, ecu, tcu, tranny, everything from the fricking engine compartment that wasn't a piece of the frame, and I hardly had any nibbles and I was asking $700.

Just my .02