Ultimate Subaru Message Board

360 van measurements?

The numbers on that page are a little off. The weight is actually 1200 lbs. Also the gas tank is 8 gal, and the final drive is 3.88, and it's 60 inches tall. Other than that, cars101 has it close.

Jon

The numbers on that page are a little off. The weight is actually 1200 lbs. Also the gas tank is 8 gal, and the final drive is 3.88, and it's 60 inches tall. Other than that, cars101 has it close.

Jon

So they got the part about it having 4 wheels correct then

:-p

nipper

yeah, the cars101.com info was conflicting, even on its own site...

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/360.html

http://www.cars101.com/oldsubaru.html#360%20Specifcations

also, they don't split out the van from the sedan...

thanks for the weight and height!

somebody also emailed me this info:

length is 9'8", total width of body is 4'2", widest point is the mirrors at the very front of the van at 4'7", and 3" from the ground. width of wheel track is 48", wheelbase length is 5'6".

thanks all!

--Spiffy

From an ORIGINAL Subaru brochure:

Length - 117.9"

Width - 51.2"

Height - 53.1"

Wheelbase - 70.9"

Tread (front 44.9", rear 42.1")

Ground Clearance - 6.3"

Vehicle weight - 925lbs

Total GVW (IE with passengers/full load) - 1756.2lbs

Turning circle - 26.2'

Fuel tank - 6.6 gallons

Anything else? I can scan the brochure if need be.

There may also be more accurate sources out there too, but this is straight from SOA back when they first started up.

I emailed the guy at cars101.com and he updated some of the info... he even added pics of the van they have in the showroom up there in WA...

would still be nice if he made a separate section for the sedan and van... since, as Jonv23 stated, there are subtle differences...

but I've got a van in my possession now, so I can take my own measurements... (:

--Spiffy

watz the plans with the van stan

first I just want to bring it back to life and get it on the road...

gas tank isn't hooked up, so I'm hoping it's not rotted... the remaining half of a fuel line to the carb is brittle and broken... and the 2-stroke oil reservoir is cracked and needs to be replaced... so I have to run it off a can of mix right now...

will need to get the maroon spray paint off it and get it back to the original white, and reupholster the interior as it's totally rotted... original front seat is just metal frame and springs right now, and there's an suv seat in it now which is too tall... I've got all the door panels for templates...

just got a battery (Die Hard lawn tractor version, hehe) so I need to see what kind of shape the electrical is in... the charge light doesn't stay on so that circuit seems to be working, but I haven't even checked the lights...

brakes pedal goes to the floor, but it stops with the e-brake... have to see what's up with that...

I'm just glad it starts up and runs and drives...

gotta get a hold of the california dmv to see about getting a title so I can register it up here in oregon... I only have a bill of sale right now...

you can see pics of our adventure to california last weekend to pick it up right here...

the guy I got it from still has a parts van, so I can possibly get a few odd parts from him if I forgot anything, but it's pretty much complete, just getting old and brittle... I did come away with extra wheels, carb, and clutch cover with disty... might have him send me the extra voltage regulator, just in case I fry something...

--Spiffy

Spiffy,

If you run the van with mixed gas you WILL seize the motor. It HAS to have the oil to go through the bearings and the crank. It will run for a little while, but it will seize eventually. You would be MUCH better off to get some way of holding the oil in the tank (or another one) and letting the oil pump and motor do the mixing. Also, the mix changes under acceleration. It is very heavy at idle and less oil to gas at WOT. I don't know how bad your oil tank is, but I have taken them out, cleaned them with lacquer thinner, and used a weller solder gun to plastic weld it back together. Usually they crack right along the seam and thats all, so it's easy to fix. I just don't want to see you blow the motor and be totally bummed.

Jon

If you run the van with mixed gas you WILL seize the motor.

yeah, I had that realization when I was looking at it this weekend...

right after I filled the oil in my mower I had a little epiphany and remembered that it needed that oil for other things... hehe...

unfortunately the tank it cracked diagonally in a couple spots on the front where the level lines are at... so I'll be needing to do some serious patching or find a replacement tank...

I think I'll need to take a couple close up pics and make a new thread for this one...

thanks for the heads-up!

waiting for my 360 club membership with cd to come back in the mail so I have a slightly better idea of what I'm doing... slightly...

I'm a n00b so I'll leave the engine work to somebody more qualified...

--Spiffy

yeah, I had that realization when I was looking at it this weekend...

right after I filled the oil in my mower I had a little epiphany and remembered that it needed that oil for other things... hehe...

unfortunately the tank it cracked diagonally in a couple spots on the front where the level lines are at... so I'll be needing to do some serious patching or find a replacement tank...

I think I'll need to take a couple close up pics and make a new thread for this one...

thanks for the heads-up!

waiting for my 360 club membership with cd to come back in the mail so I have a slightly better idea of what I'm doing... slightly...

I'm a n00b so I'll leave the engine work to somebody more qualified...

--Spiffy

That cd you are waiting for.....I burned personally, and sent 150 or so of them to the club. I scanned all the information contained on that CD.

Good Stuff on there!

Jon