Ultimate Subaru Message Board

rear disc brake on a hatch??

Yes they will.. I have done the swap myslef and printed out a step by step that is here in the repair manual ..I think.. Its super easy..I did a FWD drum to disk swap in about 2 hours total

As long as the donor is 4WD its the right stuff..4WD to 4WD,..FWD to FWD

• 2 weeks later...
Since i will be putting rear disc brakes on my hatch, the donor parts are off a turbo wagon, will i need a porportioning valve ?

it's been debated here before...

I didn't use a valve and I haven't had any issues at all, and I've hit the brakes hard plenty of times since the swap...

--Spiffy

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but it looks like the question was answered already.

My car has a 5 lug swap on the wheels (done before I purchased it), how would this effect doing the rear disc swap?

It seems odd that you dont already have rear disc if a 5 lug swap was done. Have the rotors/drums been redrilled or the wheels?

You will need the rear disc's from a XT6 for any EA82 swap.

Since i will be putting rear disc brakes on my hatch, the donor parts are off a turbo wagon, will i need a porportioning valve ?
I've done at least a dozen of those swaps including two Brats which I'm still driving and never needed to change a proportioning valve change.

It seems odd that you dont already have rear disc if a 5 lug swap was done. Have the rotors/drums been redrilled or the wheels?

You will need the rear disc's from a XT6 for any EA82 swap.

Hm...I'm not sure what was done for the swap, as the previous owner did it and didn't tell me anything about it. Haha

Is the XT6 5 lug?