Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Well it finally happened... While driving home the other night on a State Highway (55mph), a deer jumped over the concrete divider from my left side and i clipped it. Spun the deer around and smacked it into my right quarter panel as well. What a mess. Needless to say I'm not too happy. Initial estimate is ~$4200. Pushed the radiator mount back a bit, but didn't damage any mechanical items fortunately. No airbag deployment thank goodness, and I'm just fine.

Here's some pics - doesn't even look that bad!

post-402-136027628528_thumb.jpg

post-402-136027628538_thumb.jpg

post-402-136027628546_thumb.jpg

post-402-13602762856_thumb.jpg

post-402-136027628565_thumb.jpg

$4200?? I'd pocket the money and run, if you've got comprehensive. A junkyard hood and fender, a little whacking on the rad support with a mallet or pulling with a winch, and presto! Not perfect, but certainly $3000-3500 left over in your pocket perfect.

Yep, was on 31 near Clinton.

I was considering taking the money and doing the work myself, except I'm not sure if my insurance would just cut me a check, but i'll have to ask.

I already called a bunch of yards in the area, and no one has an 00-04 hood/front end. I can get a new OE hood (just primed) for about 280.. which isn't bad.

Yea, it doesn't look like much, but they priced it out to replace everything that has even minor damage, it added up. I think the labor quote was for ~$2500.

Glad you weren't hurt. Looks like the accident could have been worse.

Also me, too.............fix it yourself, and keep the extra money. I have done that several times in the past. From your pixs, it doesn't look too dificult to fix it yourself. $4200 to fix sounds like a high estimate to me, unless there is a lot of damage that can't be seen in the pixs.